Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

[Guide] Wizard Best-in-Slot Items

Discussion in 'Wizard' started by RazeBarb, Sep 12, 2012.

1. DickScotchfist

DickScotchfist <font color=#168A19>PoE Moderator</font>

Yes, I agree. It's certainly end-game material, but not BiS.

2. albabe

albabe IncGamers Member

Sorry for my ignorance here. I have a Wiz who's 60/23 (I think)...

"End-Game" means thru Inferno but not MP10?

What's a "CN" Wiz?

3. kestegs

kestegs D3 Monk Moderator

End game would be something viable for inferno at a reasonable MP level, but not the best item you'd want if price wasn't an issue.

CN? I think you mean CM. CM stands for critical mass, which is just a general term for a wizard that uses that passive, usually in conjunction with diamond skin, wicked wind, and frost nova.

4. Speedster

Speedster IncGamers Member

So... no love for Blackthorne's Jousting Mail (pants)? They seem to be a good blend of high intelligence, life on hit and survivability (vitality and %Life).

5. albabe

albabe IncGamers Member

Thanx a lot! I really appreciate it!

My Wizard gal is doing pretty decent in Inferno MP3 right now, but according to you folks, she's vastly under-equipped... I could definitely use more Life or Life Steal, and certainly more Critical Hit stats... but she does pretty well in a full game.

I was using a decent Triumvirate that "seemed" to have better stats than anything else I found or could afford (poor Comic Book Artist/Writer here, who uses just the Gold he finds In Game)... and I just replaced it with a really decent Chantodo's Force (that I actually FOUND this morning... literally a minute before my cursor disappeared, and I wouldn't have been able to pick it up)... and my stats jumped significantly.

I'm really curious what you folks think(?)

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/albabe-1508/hero/24107011

6. moreno

moreno IncGamers Member

Man, for a self found item this chantodo force is just awesome. Simply best item of you char and its self found :)

7. albabe

albabe IncGamers Member

I've found very few playable items in Inferno... mostly just junk. But I thought it was pretty decent when I found it because all the Stats were GREEN... lol... But I didn't realize (because I'm a doofus) how good it was till a friend pointed it out. I guess I should sell it... My character really doesn't deserve such a good item... sigh.

The scary/cool part was right after I picked it up, I was called in to kill a Boss and then my cursor disappeared and I had to force-quit D3.