Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

With_teeth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Beowulf, May 3, 2005.

1. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

With_teeth

The new NIN album WITH_TEETH was released today and so far so good!! Another great album from Mr Reznor. Anyone else get it yet?

2. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

It comes out tomorrow here. And I have a reserved copy waiting for me.
    So yes, tomorrow I'll get it.

I've heard a bit of it online. It is available for listening online, or at least was, the link can be found at nin.com (it's a leagal thing, just so you guys know)

3. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

got it but didnt like it

4. 5Ws

5Ws Banned

Personally I think they are douche-bags.

5. Madness

Madness IncGamers Member

Thanks for the constructive comment :thumbsup:

6. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

Who are they? NIN is one guy first of all Trent Reznor makes the albums himself then has a band for touring.

7. Carnage-DVS

Carnage-DVS IncGamers Member

My bro downloaded it a while back. Was pretty disapointed it with, saying that their sound has changed quite a lot.

8. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

While it has changed I personally liked it guess so far I am alone though some of my friends here like it.

9. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I own further down the spiral. There are two great songs (piggy and hurt) and the rest are just horrible crap. I fast forwarded through several of them and you can't even tell, it's just the same noise over and over for 7 minutes. The two songs I like are the only ones with singing the whole way thorugh, and THTF has singing all the way through and I am in love with it. So, does With Teeth feature songs with lots of singing or are they mostly instrumental/have a few voice bits?

10. Christor

Christor IncGamers Member

I've been listening to it ever since it was available online. I just picked up a physical copy for myself (dual-disc version). I absolutely love it. I have almost all of the NIN cd's, even some of the more "out there" remix ones. The fact that the overall sound changes with every cd, yet still retains a familiar quality, is one of the reasons I like NIN so much. I can't wait for the concert on May 13th in Boston. I've had the tickets for months. :D

11. Christor

Further Down the Spiral is actually one of the remixed CD's. The only "true" full albums are Pretty Hate Machine, Broken, The Downward Spiral, The Fragile, and With Teeth, and nearly all the songs on them contain lyrics, with a few exceptions, such as "A Warm Place" from The Downward Spiral and "La Mer" from The Fragile (run-on sentences much?). The rest of his albums are all singles or remixes.

If you liked those two songs from Further Down the Spiral, I'm sure you'd like the album that they were remixed from (wild guess as to which album that is :p).

12. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Jeesh, glad someone finally told me :eek: .
    My local Besy Buy is horrible about selling NIN though, they have two different "tribute to NIN" albums, and several albums that say "remixes" somewhere on them. Several years before I bought FDTS I got a NIN CD for my birthday with maybe 7 songs on it, 5 of them remixes of the same song, so I was beginning to think maybe that's just how it was.

13. Christor

I think most Best Buys do that. They usually don't carry the actual LP's. Doesn't really make sense to me.

Most of their supposed "NIN" CDs are actually just the tribute albums that weren't even done by Nine Inch Nails.

...Although I guess you can't really do your own tribute album, now could you? :p