Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

With which character could i solo hell untwinked?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Nikolinoss, Sep 11, 2015.

1. Nikolinoss

Nikolinoss IncGamers Member

hello all !

As the post says with which character am i capable of soloing hell untwinked ? (i am a new player)

I really appreciate your help! thank you brothers :)

2. queenEm

queenEm IncGamers Member

It's always said that you can take a summoner necro through hell naked. So that's my suggestion
    The char can be naked, not you...

3. BBS_Agonistes

BBS_Agonistes IncGamers Member

Summoner necro does seem to be the go-to option.

I always felt bad letting minions kill the monsters for me on my first play-through when I started (because I'm dumb), so my first character was a Blizzard / Fireball sorceress, which is extremely easy to play and not too dependent on gear.

4. LiquidClear

LiquidClear IncGamers Member

Summoner Necro is easiest (Skele, Mastery, Corpse Explosion). If you want a build that's a bit more active you could do a Trap Assassin that uses Light Sentry and adds Fire Blast for immunes.

5. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

My go-to is always a pure blizzard sorceress. Sure you'll see some cold immunes, but she's the fastest way I've found to get to Hell Mephisto and start farming items. Once you get a couple items the game gets easy in a hurry.

BBS_Agonistes likes this.
  6. Nikolinoss

Thank you so much for your answers! As far as i can see my next character will be a blizz sorc or a summ necro (already have finished the game with my trapsin).

Btw i have to congratulate every one of you cause in this forum you can find really any info that you need !

cheers brothers!

7. BBS_Agonistes

BBS_Agonistes IncGamers Member

Another thing you can do if playing 1.13 is begin as Fireball sorc and take advantage of a crazy Leaf runeword staff to blast through normal until you can start Spirit-ing. Then respect to full Blizz when needed.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  8. zticazzy

zticazzy IncGamers Member

My personal choice is Meteorb because I prefer to be able to kill all kinds of immunes myself. I don't love fishymancers, they can have a slow-paced gameplay on some occasions, but they are nonetheless efficient.

9. Maltatai

Maltatai IncGamers Member

Whichever you like really, as long as you enjoy the playing. My first guardian was a cleric, for example, which is rarely recommended as a beginner character.

Since you seem to lean towards caster characters I could recommend ranged amazons as well, with a strong valkyrie you are very safe and have many damage types to choose from so immunities will be of little trouble and you don't need a great weapon.

Bow assassins rock too.

As a general rule I would recommend builds that won't have too much trouble dealing different types of damage since that will make you less dependant on items and require less insight into game mechanics to get by. Strong crowd control skills make the game much easier if that's what you are after.

Nikolinoss likes this.
  10. Nikolinoss

You are absolutely right about the different types of damage cause immune are the hardest opponent in Hell Mode imo.

11. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

You may want to check out the Mat/Pat/Guardian thread. Many of those characters are from tournaments which are ran as single-pass, untwinked. Given that most tourneys have restrictions, which you wouldn't be following, you may be surprised what can be done.

Also there's a couple of guides based on untwinked MFing .. HC Gunther did one - they're in the stickies - which you may find useful.

BBS_Agonistes and Nikolinoss like this.
  12. Username is not in use

Username is not in use IncGamers Member

Bonemancer, you got a spell nearly noone is immune to, and the rest you can just blow away with 20 points in CE

get lucky and find a skull-staff(the one with mf and huge mana after each kill) and enjoy the show

for me this build wins, because summoner is a pain in the ass in the wormhole

for elementaldamage infested areas you can just have a switch with 3 PD shield and some random staff with resis, you will kill not that fast anymore, but safer

Nikolinoss likes this.
  13. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

1. Make a fishymancer (summon / corpse explosion necro.)
    2. Get enough basic gear for a blizz sorc.
    3. Make a blizz sorc. If you need to quest as a blizzballer or meteorb do it, I personally didn't. (Although in 1.10 I had no choice)
    4. Run NM / Hell Meph for a bit.
    5. Run Ancient Tunnels & Pindle
    6. Run Lower Kurast and Trav
    7. Find tons of nice stuff
    8. Build more characters

14. nulio

nulio IncGamers Member

I agree with most advice. Then is a matter of personal preference.
    I'd start with a sorceress for quicker results, but if you prefer more relaxed playing while you continue to get to know the game better a Skelliemancer is great.

There's always:

1. Be lucky and find godly item
    2. Trade for all the gear you might need

:p

15. Klonki

Klonki IncGamers Member

Blizzballer/Meteorb/Fishymancer --> Blizzsorc --> Other builds!

I don't know if it's just me but i prefer a blizzballer over a meteorb. Sure, Meteor is strong but i think it's some sec slower than Blizzard to use. Then i like fireball ALOT. Hmm, maybe a ballorber could do it? Fireball and frozen orb? :D

16. Nikolinoss

Really appreciate your help brothers! (I am keep saying ''brothers'' all the time because u r my diablo family)

Btw I did start a necro yesterday and yeah I am gonna do all the steps that you suggested to me later with the blizzsorc :).

17. Acrimony

Acrimony IncGamers Member

I would just point out that Summoner Necros are not very good for MF'ing. So even after you Pat the character you're likely to be in the same place you are right now. Because of that I always start with a Blizzard Sorc to farm Meph and then go from there. But whatever, as long as you're having fun!

18. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

19. maxicek

maxicek Moderator Single Player

Thinking about it some more, you should be able to farm NM Meoh easily for a bit of gear with the trapper. Just go for very basic stuff to equip the blizz sorc, then you can skip the summoner.

20. Nikolinoss

i am quite sure these links gonna help me ! appreciate that Thyiad!

And yeah Acrimony i saw some videos with MF Blizz Sorc and i was something like wtf with the killing speed