Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Witchwild String BOW:HOW do you KNOW WHEN AMP DAMAGE Triggers? der

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Deathlok2001, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

Witchwild String BOW:HOW do you KNOW WHEN AMP DAMAGE Triggers?

Is there a sound it makes or what?

ALso this bow can ONLY be upgraded on ladder, correct?

If i cannot upgrade it, what would be good to put in the 2 sockets?

why does everyone go crazy over this bow, the damage is very low....i do more dam with my Kuko.....

2. Mr Bones

Mr Bones IncGamers Member

1) No need for spam and excessive caps locks
    2) When it triggers it will be like a necro just casted amp damage (makes the sound and a small curse graphic will appear over the enemies head).
    3)Yup only upgradeable on ladder
    4) 2 sockets, resists, decent speed, ok damage, huge level of DS on bow alone, amplify damage (amp dmg+DS= x4 normal physical damage :)) and erm.. it fires magic arrows for normal arrows which beats phys immunes :teeth:
    5)as for what to put in the sockets.. I suppose it will probably depend on your build (shael perhaps? maybe a nef :teeth: ) someone a bit more knowledable should be able to help you with this ;)

3. Broncobiv2

Broncobiv2 IncGamers Member

Yes Deathlok2001, what exactly the hell is wrong with you? You post this question once, then in a new thread, post it again 35 minutes later, and then again you post the same question in a new, third thread a mere hour and 8 minutes after that. Stop it. Someone will answer you the first time.

4. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

what the hell is wrong with WWS, i tried it.....peeps on this board say it triggers often with MS or strafe, i have not had it trigger once......... whats so great about some curse that will never trigger.....wtf

5. Nexexplo

Nexexplo IncGamers Member

What level are you and where are you playing at the moment? When i equiped this bow at lvl 40ish in nm it almost newer triggered. Now at lvl 65 (and upgraded) it triggers more and more....

I think it has to do with your ar or % to hit, because it only triggers when you acctually hit. So if you have crappy ar then you have less chance to trigger AMP...

Cheers,
    Nexexplo

6. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

well i am lvl 46, but i have 240 dex! i hit over 81% in nm...but have never triggered it.......

7. Nexexplo

Nexexplo IncGamers Member

I started nm at lvl 43, and worked my way up to act 5 at lvl 59 before Ancient. And i still didn't trigger AMP often. Ofcourse this is hc so i havnt invested that much in Dex.... But now at lvl 66 it triggers quite often in Baal runs, and thats about the lvl of the monsters in WSK.

Btw, I thought the lvl req for upgraded WWS would be 59 like an ordinary Diamond bow so thats when i upgraded it.... And behold .... lvl req. 61 :-(

Cheers,
    Nexexplo

8. In_Remission

In_Remission IncGamers Member

The bow is very good to begin with, improves when you add runes/jewels to compliment your set up. It is very equipment friendly allowing you to compromise very little to get the IAS over 85+, adding the big boost to resists AND gives you a built in way to kill the physical immunes. You can re read other posts on the bow for more positives.

I have used this bow almost exclusively through level 87, I will switch out for the fun of it(only bow I don't have is the Windforce). It only improved when I upgraded it to diamond bow status.

As for the amplify damage, it triggers......randomly and I have not noted a change in frequency as my dex topped 300. I wondered whether the level of pierce would make a difference and it did not in my own anectodal use.

There have been a few landmarks in my amazon's development/equipment the first noticable difference was changing to the belt Thundergod's vigor(hate gloams and the related lot), the next was shaels in the sockets, the other was upgrading to diamond bow damage.

What's not to like? If you are a pure numbers kinda person and cannot look past to the other benefits, give or sell the bow to someone who can and will use it.

Cheers