WitchWild bow: Whats so great about it?

WitchWild bow: Whats so great about it?

I found this bow the other day.....it has some nice bonues........I have heard alot about the amp damage, but why would that be so great?.....you only have a 2% chance to cast it?...thats 98% chance you will NOT cast it!!!!!!!

what would you put in the sockets?

it is a good merc bow?


is it worth upgraded? ( i suppose you need use the 1 Lum Rune + 1 Pul Rune + 1 Perfect Emerald + Exceptional Unique Weapon = Elite Version of Weapon ).
 

Vajar

Diabloii.Net Member
When you're using strafe/multishot, amplify damage fires off more than you'd think. Its also good because of the extremely good resists (something most zons have problems with), has a good minimum damage, its easy to find, and gives you good critical strike%.

If you still don't understand why its good, I give up. Anyhow, yes, its worth upgrading, definately.
 
Vajar said:
When you're using strafe/multishot, amplify damage fires off more than you'd think. Its also good because of the extremely good resists (something most zons have problems with), has a good minimum damage, its easy to find, and gives you good critical strike%.

If you still don't understand why its good, I give up. Anyhow, yes, its worth upgrading, definately.

I just wanted to know whats so good about it is all.....thats why i asked..........

so it sound slike it would be a good switch weapon to use.......
 

ArcaneLegend

Diabloii.Net Member
ok...u use multiple shot and pierce. everytime an arrow hits, thats 2%. a LOT of arrows are gonna hit, each possibly more than once, so u get the idea?
 

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
This bow is one of my all time favorites, and though I haven't been on these forums in awhile, I usually highly reccomend this bow, even as as an end game bow. here's why:

Slvl 20 Magic Arrow - free! A great for those really tough, PI's who's resistance you can't always remove, it costs zip in mana and at slvl 20, it's a killer vs single targets like bosses. With Amp damage, it's even better. Speaking of which...

Amp Damage - yea, it's only 2% chance to trigger right? but as previously stated, with either multi or Strafe, the chances start to stack. FA is the best trigger for this mod, as the splash damage almost guarantees a trigger. Pierce helps these skills even more...trust me, that measely 2% goes off alot with the right skill setup.

DS - per clvl! Double damage that gains as your char does! If used as an end game bow, WWS will save you points in CS, and at high clvls, will surpass it.

+40 to resists - need I say more?

2 open sockets - add a Shael/Nef for Knockback and speed, or Eth/Nef for -25% target def/Knockback or Ohm/Nef for more dmage/Knockback.

WWS is an awesome bow with the right gear and build and can get you through most any area in hell diff...I know, I've done it. Definitely worth the upgrade, and if possible, get some CB mods on the rest of your gear for even better damage.

WWS's a fast bow with awesome mods...definitely a keeper...

-X
 

JoJeck

Diabloii.Net Member
I see my brother Necro has found his way to where the best looking girls are :lol:

However, I'd question whether the splash damage sets off the 2% AD as he says here :

Xiamet said:
Amp Damage - yea, it's only 2% chance to trigger right? but as previously stated, with either multi or Strafe, the chances start to stack. FA is the best trigger for this mod, as the splash damage almost guarantees a trigger. Pierce helps these skills even more...trust me, that measely 2% goes off alot with the right skill setup.

-X
It used to work like that in 1.09 but most of the splash effects were removed and I suspsect this one has too. Can anyone confirm if Xiamet is correct here? The other way to set off the Ad rapidly is by using MS or Srafe against groups but I have to say that, as a Necro player, I find the cursing from this bow is somewhat erratic (always seems to apear on the last monster in the group or over to the left when most monsters are to the right and so on ;) )and makes me curse somewhat :rant: since I am used to complete control .

Anyway it is a nice bow, and can complete Hell easilly, but thare are other good ones and several are better in my opinion.
 

sawse

Diabloii.Net Member
I seem to recall Kirsty saying the splash from FA won't trigger chance to cast any more.
 

adddm

Diabloii.Net Member
JoJeck said:
I see my brother Necro has found his way to where the best looking girls are :lol:

However, I'd question whether the splash damage sets off the 2% AD as he says here :


It used to work like that in 1.09 but most of the splash effects were removed and I suspsect this one has too. Can anyone confirm if Xiamet is correct here? The other way to set off the Ad rapidly is by using MS or Srafe against groups but I have to say that, as a Necro player, I find the cursing from this bow is somewhat erratic (always seems to apear on the last monster in the group or over to the left when most monsters are to the right and so on ;) )and makes me curse somewhat :rant: since I am used to complete control .

Anyway it is a nice bow, and can complete Hell easilly, but thare are other good ones and several are better in my opinion.
Amp is triggered by Pierced arrows which FA also works with.
 

Freyas

Diabloii.Net Member
adddm said:
Amp is triggered by Pierced arrows which FA also works with.
The splash damage on FA won't trigger any special mods, like %chance to cast on striking, crushing blow, slow, knockback, or anything of that sort. The actual hit of the arrow can still trigger these things, so you get basically the same chance of triggering amp or anything else as firing a normal arrow. However, if you pierce and hit several monsters per arrow, you will have a 2% chance to amp per every monster your arrow hits.

In 1.09, the splash damage did trigger the chance to cast and other mods, but that was removed with patch 1.10.
 

tl998

Banned
Imagine if you had just cast amp damage. It would depend on the skill level of the curse, and it would also depend in difficulty level (or is only AI affecting curses reduced in huration in higher difficulties?)
 

det

Diabloii.Net Member
Averial said:
Once amp damage is triggered, how long does it last?
-Averial
Since its lv 5 it should last 20 secs. My Atmas Ammy went of ALL the time with the chance to cas amp, btw
 

Xiamet

Diabloii.Net Member
jojeck...lol..yea, I'm a Necro at heart...but best looking girls? My tastes lean more toward the dark haired, moody types that like the hands (or should i say claws?) on approach... :)

Even without the splash damage triggering the AD, the multiple hits that Pierce grants every shot will be enough to trigger a fairly frequent AD response, with FA, Strafe or Multi.

-X
 

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Someone in one of the other forums said that a double ohmed upgraded WWS was better than a Windforce??? Do you guys agree? Is this because of the Amp Damage and level 20 MA? I guess it is nice to never have to worry bout having arrows run out too.
 

Mike777

Diabloii.Net Member
xiamet or anyone....

ds double damage per clvl.....does it only go into affect if cs is lower, or does that double damage chance get added to the cs chance...kind of general rule for all such items ?

anyone ? (and the person above me had a question)
 

sk8brdnick

Diabloii.Net Member
I had a witchyzon in 1.09 who worked great. I used enough IAS to hit 8 frames and a bunch of crushing blow (amp helps CB dmg). Back when everyone lvled in the cow lvl and had maphack, people would mock me just about every game. They would tell me I had noob gear and I should get a real bow. Well up until that hexes came along, that zon could kill cows faster than all the dupe wielding windyzons that were mocking me. Those kids were so amazed.

Witchwild is even better in 1.10. Get it to 8 frames and get a bunch of crushing blow and it WILL kill plenty fast.
 

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm just curious but its easy enough to add AD with Atma's Scarab and the same CB setup can be used with a Windy so is it really better?
)
 

sk8brdnick

Diabloii.Net Member
lextalionis said:
I'm just curious but its easy enough to add AD with Atma's Scarab and the same CB setup can be used with a Windy so is it really better?
)
If I use multi and have a good IAS I find 5% to be too often. Each time you cast, it pauses your arrow stream. It's nice to use a different amulet than atmas as well. Good choices here are cats eye or something with a bunch of MF.
 

Kaywe

Diabloii.Net Member
WWS is better for hybridzons in my opinion... If You socket it with some nice 30ed/min/max jewles and have some max charms it will do about the same as a wf with descent Critical.

However you save like 40str compared to a WF and you only need one point in critical, that helps a Hybrid (they are low on points). The res on it is great if you play HC.

It is also alot cheaper and not as mainstream as WF and you can usa lets say Maras instead of atmas
 

lextalionis

Diabloii.Net Member
Kaywe said:
WWS is better for hybridzons in my opinion... If You socket it with some nice 30ed/min/max jewles and have some max charms it will do about the same as a wf with descent Critical.

However you save like 40str compared to a WF and you only need one point in critical, that helps a Hybrid (they are low on points). The res on it is great if you play HC.

It is also alot cheaper and not as mainstream as WF and you can usa lets say Maras instead of atmas
Note: It only has one more socket than a WF, since a socket quest will put a socket in a WF

I agree less strength

I agree its cheaper

Not sure if Marias is the best ammy for this build. I guess it depends what you need, but I see the point that its free.

My point is with a Atma's a WF will do more damage (Possibly not fi you are putting the strenght points you save into Dex, I don't know the math on it)
 
Top