Witchdoctor reminds me of necro and...druid.

bjaelke

Diabloii.Net Member
Witchdoctor reminds me of necro and...druid.

Anyone else got that feeling? He seems to "good" to be the next necromancer. And their skills - shapeshifting excluded - are very similar.

LucianDK

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Witchdoctor reminds me of necro and...druid.

What i thought immediately too, but I find it a few and unique new take instead of repeating somethign already done. Cant wait to show off the dark magics from the jungle!

lukefojut

Diabloii.Net Member

There does seem to be a synergy of the skills of the two chars mentioned in this new char - but with a fresh approach to summons, ele damage and curses. I think that this new class will be considerably more fun to play than many people are assuming!

Jaklax

Diabloii.Net Member

ya, he reminds of the necro.. he just will never be as cool as the necro =P

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member

Well...the mythology behind 'real" witch doctors/shamans/witches has them being able to perform shape shifting of their spirit when they are traveling in spirit form (a.k.a. out of body experiences/astral projection). It's where the whole lore of werewolves and vampires originates from. So..it wouldn't be too far of a stretch if the Witch Doctor turns out to be a necro/druid hybrid and have it have some sort of spirit shifting skills. He's already shown as having fire elemental skills, which the druid also had, and if I remember my D2x lore the Druids were originally something akin to Barb shamans that split from the barbs and went their own way, or something like that. Again, more shaman/witch doctor similarities.

Last edited:

MooCQ

Diabloii.Net Member

about time they replaced that stinky old necro...

PontifulGC

Diabloii.Net Member

You say that because....??

you couldnt play them? You found dark morbid things in life icky and they should go away? You enjoy a fool running around with a mock "native" look to them? You dislike classes that have a large latitude of play styles? Hm? ok.

PontifulGC

Diabloii.Net Member

ya, he reminds of the necro.. he just will never be as cool as the necro =P
understatement

not just a little un-cool compared to a necro, like majorly kiddie like goofy crap compared to a necro.

the rise of class specific kiddie mmorpg ftw! :thumbup:

BobCox2

Diabloii.Net Member

I think it's replacing the druid.

MooCQ

Diabloii.Net Member

WD is probably replacing them both as a hybrid... look up necromancer in a dictionary compare that to witchdoctor .. or shaman.. its practically synonymous given the context of Kurast...

Ethika

Diabloii.Net Member

The Witch Doctor reminds me of the Witch Doctor, seeing as he is a Witch Doctor. I really don't think he has been based on any previous classes.

Some of you people must be crazy if you think the Witch Doctor is "kiddie", its one of the most mature class concepts in a game ever.

smartdot

Diabloii.Net Member

i still dont really get what people are complaining about? is it the flavor of the WD? if anything WD's are more realistic the "Necromancers" as WD really exist. In Africa, certain tribes will punish members by giving them a certain poison to put them in a catatonic state, then bury them for a day then dig them up again, giving them brain damage, so they can barely think for them selves. this is where the origins of the zombie came from. all preformed by witch doctors.

MooCQ

Diabloii.Net Member

You say that because....??
OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW! dont get me wrong, i love the necromonster, its just that ive played him for over 10 yrs.. he needs a replacement killer.. and the ability to shrivel others into nothingness.. etc.. and control zombie walls.. wow.. just wow...