Witch doctor first

Cdnexpat

Diabloii.Net Member
Witch doctor first

So we have a whole bunch of gripe threads I'm wondering, is anyone planning on rolling a witch doctor as their first player character?

Jcakes

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Witch doctor first

It is too hard to decide at this early stage, but atm I probably would.

LucianDK

Diabloii.Net Member

Depends on what the other obligatory spellcaster class will be. But so far the Witch Doctor has my interest as being an unique take on a new class.

Main things of interests are the debuffs and interesting attacks with side effects instead of just being plain direct damage spells in various elemental flavors.

Now that I think about it, the Witch Doctor reminds me of the Ritualist from Guild Wars, whom also would compete with the necromancer in the summoning buisness. And I played the ritualist a lot, found it a lot more interesting and flexible class than the necromancer.

diablotodd

Diabloii.Net Member

i actually think he looks very fun to play, with that locust swarm and summons and curses. The curses used in the demo seem to work much better than in D2 on a nec.

I will definately play a WD, maybe not first it all depends on the other 3 characters.

Anathema

Diabloii.Net Member

I actually am planning on it, unless the necro is brought back. It's unlikely that the necro will be back though. I think the WD is a pretty cool concept, and he may be a worthy successor to the Necromancer.

5zigen

Diabloii.Net Member

I doubt I will play WD first, but I didnt really play necro much in D2 either and the summon thing doesnt tickle my fancy enough (the class isn't mobile/active enough for me in general)

However, with the Locust swarm being a DoT skill potential for Locust Swarm + Soul harvest looks really cool to me right now.

FistOfFury

Diabloii.Net Member

Unless they reveal something more interesting I definetly will be reliving my D2 newb experience by picking the Witch/Necro and Barb and switching between the two.

Mad Mantis

D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Debuffs and Minions mean that I just can't ignore the WD. I'll start him first. Muck up my first build, rebuild and keep doing this for a pretty long time.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member

So far, yes. I won't go with the ranged, melee, or spellcaster, most likely. That fifth class is somewhat likely though. I usually start with the "oddball" character or healer in RPGs.

Glurin

Diabloii.Net Member

So far, its not likely. With what we know right now, the barbarian looks more interesting to me. It depends on what the other classes are of course, as to which will be my first one.

Cdnexpat

Diabloii.Net Member

I am definately going to go with a witch doctor first with so many people complaining I'm sure blizzard will make him powerful. The ability to cast spells on pets sold me. I will spend the next little while thinking of names. I love "Jungle Hobo" but I doubt is will stick around now. My big fear is that they will market the game in only one language and I'll be stuck trying to play the korean version until I can get a family member or business with no scruples to send me one. My dream is it comes with English as a default on every game. I may have to buy an new computer as well, I'm waiting for the system requirements, but that is a pretty small matter as I will need one for Fallout 3 as well.

Tsumaru

Diabloii.Net Member

Really can't comment off just Barb vs WD. Most likely I will be playing three games at once - my own single player, a LAN with my brother, and battle.net with some other friends and randoms - so I'll grab as many classes as I can and just roll with it in some insane frenzy of constant Diablo III fanaticism.

Ethika

Diabloii.Net Member

Will definatly be playing the Doc first. Awesome class.

Really happy its pissed off so many people, well deserved anger because they are ignorant enough to think the WD is replacing the Necro.

lionheart

Diabloii.Net Member

I will play the guy for sure since i like to try all the characters. I dont think i will start with him though, i will stay true to my tradition to start with the melee guy first