Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Windy druid

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Ergroilnin, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin Diabloii.Net Member

So, since I am pretty close to getting an Enigma, I will soon be finishing my first septemvirate on SP with Druid. Even though I do want to make fire bear and summoner, windy is really the druid build I want to make the most.

I've been reading the druid forums and other internet sources but I am still a little bit unconvined about what is really the best way to gear him up for PVM.

I don't want to use him as a MF character so I want to focus solely on survability and dps.

It seems that the obvious, not discutable items are:

Weapon#1: Hoto
    Weapon#2: CTA
    Shield: Spirit Monarch (SS for block and more survability)
    Armor: Enigma
    Belt: Arachnid's
    Rings: 2 SoJs
    Merc Weapon: Reapers for the decrepify, since it amplifies tornado's physical damage.

But what else?

Gloves are I suppose either one of the 20% fcr ones or if I do not need FCR then nice rare.
    Boots it looks like nice tri res boots are the best choice.
    Amulet... I guess it's Mara's or nice +2 druid, fcr and other juicy mods craft.

Those three don't really confuse me that much, but what about helm? Shako? Jalal's? +3 tornado (ideally also +3 hurricane) Delirium RW?

2. maareek

maareek Diabloii.Net Member

Jalal's adds 40 life and 40 mana, 30 resist all, 5 mana per kill and 20%FHR (which combined with Spirit puts you at 7 frames recovery). After BO Jalal's is going to add somewhere in the realm of 1/3rd the life and mana a Harlequin Crest will (assuming slvl 10 BO with Jalal's and slvl 12 BO with Harley you're talking ~65 points in each added from Jalal's compared to ~195, assuming 1000 points of life and mana and a clvl of ~85, from the Harley) though the lower your actual hard points in life and mana, the less effect the +6% boost to BO from the Harley will have and vice versa. So if MF doesn't matter to you, it's a question of whether you need/prefer the big boost in resistances more than the increased life and mana from the Harley. As to some blue or rare or runeword head: sure, use it if you have it and want to, but with the gear you've laid out you're going to be steamrolling the game even without a helm so do you really want to give up having any survivability mods from that slot at all? It's up to you, but it's a significant loss in survivability.

For gloves: your listed setup still needs at least 4FCR to hit 11frames so either Trang's or Magefist unless you have an amulet that has FCR and is good enough to use instead of Mara's and either of those gloves.

For boots: Aldur's, Natalya's or Sandstorm Trek unless you have something better.

For an amulet: Mara's, unless you have something better. Mara's adds huge resistances, another 6% boost to BO, 10 mana and up to 30 life on its own so you pretty much need both a good amulet to replace it and gloves that offset a good chunk of those losses to use something other than it.

BBS_Agonistes likes this.
  3. Gripphon

Gripphon Diabloii.Net Member

Whatever gear you use, 99 fcr is minimum breakpoint I would consider on windy. Higher fcr = higher dps after all, wouldn't go below that because it is rather easy to hit 99. I guess it can be problematic with Stormshield, but I don't know how important SS is after all. If anything, SS block annoyed me much cause it stopped me from casting tornado and doing damage too many times which is less obvious with Spirit. I find windy to be supertank even with Spirit, unless you telestomp ugly packs mindlessly. FCR circlet + SS is your friend. Also skills are not that important for windy, his damage is huge if you have some skills at least, and you will have plenty by equipment you listed.

4. srrw

srrw Diabloii.Net Member

Insight > Reaper's for pure comfort reasons. Nice to have one in stash for Physical Immunes etc.
    Spirit > SS if you're playing SC. BO + Oak is plenty to keep you alive.
    FCR Ring > SoJ if you have a decent one to reach 99% bp.
    Bloodfist or Resistance/Stats rare or Trang/Magefist if you need extra FCR.
    Unless you're going for 163% FCR breakpoint or have a crazy good amulet there's no other reason not going with Mara's.
    Helm choice is up to you, but it's always a good idea to have ~150-250MF if it doesn't weaken your character, so Shako would definitely be my choice.

5. GooberGrape

GooberGrape Diabloii.Net Member

I don't know your stance on time travel but an MPK ring would be an excellent accessory for this build.

6. japanzaman

japanzaman Diabloii.Net Member

I would just aim for the 99 FCR breakpoint, you really only need the max for PvP. This will open up quite a bit of options for you as well. The +3 Tornado/+3Hurricane Delirium helm is one way to go but extremely expensive to repair, so beware. There are even more insane options with rare helmet's but you are probably never going to see one of those. Shako will do you just fine, as will Jalal's.

For gloves, just get some FCR, as getting a decent FCR amulet is probably more trouble than it is worth for just a SP character. Mara's is probably the best you can hope for here anyway.

Boots are pretty inconsequential. Tri-res boots with some other nice mods would be best, but other uniques are just fine.

I also prefer insight over repear's, as Hurricane and Holy Freeze from your Merc will be more than enough to slow things down. PI's are usually to be avoided with this build, but if you feel the need to run certain place's then you may want to go with Reaper's after all. If you feel your mana situation is fine without the Insight, then perhaps reapers is the way to go.

7. Ergroilnin

Ergroilnin Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah I am going to aim for "just" 99 fcr breakpoint since that is easily done with Hoto, Spirit, Arachnid's and then either FCR gloves, fcr ring or fcr amulet for the last 4%. 163 or whatever is the next one is imo too much of a bother to go for with enigma.