Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Windy Druid-To block or not to

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Slash, Mar 24, 2004.

1. Slash

Slash IncGamers Member

Widy Druid-To block or not to

Well im lvl 60 and if i am going to go block, this is my last chance. I have a suicide branch as my wepon(dont laugh im proud of that thing) and a rhyme grim shield. ATM i have 75 str, 70 base, about 1k life with a lvl 3 oak(maxing now)
    Now here is the dillema, even though i only get 2 life per point i have oak to increase that, and im not one to have good charms.
    With a whinstans itll be easy to get the max block if i start putting my points into dex now but if i do that

1)my resistances will be down because the loss of rhyme

2)less life and i dont know if i could survive hell, even with a max oak

3)I CANNOT die...this is like my 10000 incarnation of this thing and with my connection, i get dissconnected atleast once an hour(not exageration, altime record is 3 hrs w/o a dissconnect/falure but i dont count on that happening to often)

So you see my dillemma, which do you, all knowing reader, think is the safest route.

PS: My cyc armour will end up at about 1K-1.2K before i start hell to hlp with elemental damage.

2. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

3) is pretty easy, go play Softcore, hehehe just kidding. But dying by disconnect, theres no real solution to that...

just be careful i guess :eek:

3. Mr.Bogohossian

Mr.Bogohossian Banned

we all gonna die one day. no matter what gear you wear. and oh ya.. use a gerk's. block/resis ur problem solved.

4. NeoSolidSnake

NeoSolidSnake IncGamers Member

Gerkes blocks kinda slow, and he has 75 base str. Gerkes needs like 150 or so i think?

5. rachil0

rachil0 IncGamers Member

133 strength IIRC.

You got your avatar working, :)

6. lasthero

lasthero IncGamers Member

i say go for the block but if you cant afford the resists, try going for a mosers instead of whistans?

7. cyradis2003

cyradis2003 IncGamers Member

As the proud mama of a windy may I suggest a double pdiamond mosers and some nice fhr charms to take the place of the res ones you can lose. the most dangerous thing for a wind druid is to get smacked around by a pack of cold immunes.

You need block because you have to get right up on your enemy - yes you are a caster but you are a caster at melee range. FHR good res and keep that darn cyclone armor up! After that what your hurricane doesn't kill your merc and bear will hold until you get the tornados working.

UGH 2 semi useful posts in a week - I must go spam other threads now ... I feel dirty.

8. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Well first, I don't see how you can be all that worried about resists if you're planning on having 1-1.2k cyclone armor before even hitting Hell. And second, blocking is not always such a black and white thing; there are more options than just 'base dex' and 'max blocking'. That being said (and since it doesn't seem like you have the items that people have been suggesting or else you'd be using them), I'd keep the 'Rhyme' Grim because the mods are so tasty and only go for the listed blocking on that shield (60% iirc). Getting 60% blocking is a whole lot more reasonable at this point than getting 75%, and is still a significant source of dmg reduction.

9. Slash

Slash IncGamers Member

Thanks for the help

if 1 more person tells me that hurricane does the damage ill scream!! With all the synergies and +skills it doesnt even get to 1k per hit. 1 word Tornado. About 2k per cast atm.

cyc armour wont be razed anymore, all of its synergies exept twister are maxed...and thats the last skill im worried about.

like phat said-if i had gerkes i would use it(anyway if i put in the str req to use it i would have very little fo dex and block...hence noyt solving anything)...and even thuogh you could never tell i have been playing for quit some time and know the whole "youll eventually die" thing....i learned that a long time ago.

Why am i worried about elemental damafge even with a 1.2k cyclone armour? because i tested this build in single player and those lighting spittin beasts in act1 would take it away in only 6 or 7 hits....thats not much of a barrier....especially when gloams are going to do 5X more damage.

I guess i could go with whinstans, put a Pdiamond in it, and try to gamble a rsist ammy. Although i'll loose the juicy mods on rhyme. But then again i could stick with rhme and still block like phat said.

Thanks for all your help but i still have 1 question left - IS IT WORTH using the shield for block and loosing the life. From the advice i should use a shield but no one said if it was woth the life/mods on ryme decrease.
    My str is a problem but not enough to worry about.

PS: thanks for putting up with my extremly unorganized typing
    PSS: iv asked this a million times to no avail-anyone know the faster cast breakpoints for a druid or where i could find out...that german site OR this site doesnt list it...
    If you have read this far then you deserve another thanks :)

10. Kar-Karuk

Kar-Karuk IncGamers Member

Slash what realm do you play on?

I have crafted well over 300 crafter ammies and i'm sure i could find something that would help you out. Free of course, just helping out a fellow windy ;)

Kar. :drink:

11. Slash

Slash IncGamers Member

im on east *slash-hc
    Ill find something i can give in return

12. Kar-Karuk

Kar-Karuk IncGamers Member

No need for something in return, i'll look for you when i get home from work about 4 1/2 hours time.

Kar. :drink:

13. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

I posted the fast cast breakpoints for every class but Zon and Barb in Bird's thread asking about Barb breakpoints... GO FIND IT YOURSELF! :rolleyes: