Windows auto-installs realplayer, divx and google toolbar?!! der=0

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member
Windows auto-installs realplayer, divx and google toolbar?!!

Hello,

Something really weird happened when i turned on my computer today, it now had realplayer, divx author 1.5 and google toolbar installed!!!, out of nowhere!, did windows update do this?, it's seriously very weird. What do you guys think?.
-Oscar

Thyiad

Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian
Re: Windows auto-installs realplayer, divx and google toolbar?!!

I think you should go through ANYTHING Windows wants to install on an "update" with a fine tooth comb.

Personally, I wouldn't let it download a text file without me giving it authorization.

Did you install anything else?

EDIT: Call Ghostbusters? No that was totally unproductive but I'm stumped.

oscarmk1

Diabloii.Net Member

nope i haven't installed anything else, also i checked when the shortcuts for the programs were created, they say 3 am, which is super super weird, because i turned it off at 1 am and went to sleep...

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member

Turn off Windows update, encircle it with crosses and sew the ground with salt so that nothing may ever rise again.

Are you sure no-one else uses your computer?

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal

Microsoft and Google are competitors. I highly doubt that Microsoft would offer an automatic install of Google's search bar, given that they want you to use Live Search instead.

Johnny

Banned

You downloaded and installed something then hit the [next] Buttons without looking properly.