Windowed Mode Help

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Windowed Mode Help

Hello all, I just got a new monitor and switched to windowed mode so I can use both at once, but when I'm playing diablo and I click on anything outside, diablo minimizes itself. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Also, has anyone by any chance figured out how to get the window bigger? (which I'm fairly sure is impossible)

Thanks

Phosheez

Diabloii.Net Member
Im pretty sure there is not a solution for the first problem about minimization. There is a solution for making the window bigger but well, you arent really making the window bigger. You can lower your monitor resolution and the game window will take up more space. Other than that, I have no idea. Im sure someone else around here knows more.

Hp_Sauce

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm pretty sure you can't stop it from minimizing when you click outside the window. When I first tried windowed mode I thought it would be impossible to put up with this, but actually it only took about 1-2 days to become accustomed to not clicking outside the window, I was quite surprised at how easily it just sort of happened. Also, the game pauses when you do click outside the window (unless you are MP'ing or b.neting), so it's not the end of the world if it happens from time to time.

And you are right, it is impossible to make it bigger in windowed mode. The game runs at a maximum of 800x600 pixels. So if you have your monitor set at 1024x768 pixels it appears that D2 is small but it's actually still using up 800x600 pixels it's just that in comparison to what your monitor is now using it looks smaller. It of course gets worse the higher up your turn your screen resolution, if you have it set at 1280x1024 then D2 looks absolutely tiny but it is still actually 800x600 pixels it's just that your monitor is now 1280 pixels wide by 1024 pixels tall.

I suppose you could make it seem bigger while still keeping some of the bonuses of windowed mode by turning your screen resolution down to 800x600 so that D2 would fill the whole screen but you could still have access to the start menu and such with your mouse. This defeats the purpose in my opinion though.

Hope this is sort of useful, I'm pretty sleepy so I'm not sure how clear it actually is.

-hps

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Yah, listen to Hp_Sauce. At first it really pissed me off because I kept clicking outside, but now it happens like... I don't know, not very often.

Anyway, in the end, it becomes a convenience, because I no longer have to close the entire game to go A.D.D. on something else. :D

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member
Right-click icon that is used to access D2.

Properties.

Select Shortcut tab.

Enter "-w" without the quotations in the target line.

You'll end up with something like:

"C:\Program Files\Diablo II\Diablo II.exe" -w

skoolbus

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, thanks, I swear I read something saying it was possible to disable the minimizing, but perhaps I was wrong.