Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Window Mode Question

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SDK, May 27, 2005.

1. SDK

SDK IncGamers Member

Window Mode Question

How do i switch from window play to full screen and vice versa while ingame (and avoid leaving the game, removing the -w, then re-entering all the while hoping that said game is still active).

Any help would be appreciated.

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

i dont think that can be done.. not sure. You can try minimizing the game. Putting in the -w and clicking on the shortcut again and see what happens.

3. sjw7

sjw7 IncGamers Member

The shortcut switches only affect the initial launching of the game and wont do anything while running. On a related note though does anyone know of a way to stop the windowed game minimizing the minute you click on another window?

4. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

As said, you can't switch between windowed screen and full screen without exiting Diablo.

And you can't stop the windowed game from minimizing whenever you click somewhere else. The only possible way would be a program that made sure that Diablo always stays on top (kinda like the Winamp feature). But such a program would be considered a hack, and although even less harmfull than a colorhack, still wouldn't be allowed to use.

"May the Force be with you all, young Padawans" :lol:

5. SDK

SDK IncGamers Member

Alright, thanks for the info. It's only while dclone hunting that i play windowed anyway and fighting him that way kind of sucks. After playing fullscreen going to window feels like dueling with sledgehammers in a pitch dark basement. I keep missing the screen with the cursor, which minimizes it and while i'm trying to get it back up, nasties keep pounding on me (like dclone for instance). As well some of the drama of going against him is taken away when he's only 1/3 the size. But games stay up for 5minutes (i think) after you leave them and i should be able to exit and restart in that amount of time. :thumbsup: