Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Windforce IAS

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by XG_Darkside, Feb 6, 2004.

1. XG_Darkside

XG_Darkside IncGamers Member

Windforce IAS

Hi, I'm sure this has been answered somewhere before, but with most of the old threads missing I haven't had any luck finding it. I have a Shael'd WF and want to know the amount of IAS I need on my other equipment to reach a good breakpoint. From what I've read the breakpoints are 70, 90, and 145? How does that relate to FPS? I see a lot of talk about hitting 8 or 9 FPS. Does 90 IAS get you to 9 FPS and 145 IAS get you to 8 FPS? I figured shooting for 90 IAS would be the way to go to avoid sacrificing too much in other areas so how much would I have to add to my Shael's WF?

Thanks a bunch!

2. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

10 bow (WF)
    56ias >10//3
    89ias >9//3
    120ias >9//2

edit: those are total #s and do not include WF's 20ias or potential shael, so shael'd WF needs 80ias in gear to hit 9//2

3. XG_Darkside

Thanks a ton for the info, I didn't know about the built in 20 IAS in the Windforce. So I guess my next question is how much of a difference is there between 9/2 and 9/3? I can hit the 9/3 pretty easy and I could hit the 9/2 as well but it would be more of a stretch for sure.

4. brackk

brackk IncGamers Member

Personally i love 9//2. If you want to try out that speed fairly cheaply look for an elite 4 socket armor (ie: dusk or wirefleece)and throw 4 ias jewels in it. If you like that setup then trade or find resist//ias jewels and look for a jewlers of the XXXX light armor. It took me about a month to find or trade for my current armors componants.

5. sasja

sasja IncGamers Member

You probably know this, but the second cipher is only relevant if you use Strafe.

6. XG_Darkside

Thanks again for the info and yes I did read in some other topics that the 9//2 is only a factor for Strafe. Sasja, I was also reading some other topics and noticed that you have replied to someone about using FA with their WF and that not being a great idea. I have never used Strafe before and from what I'm gathering you can't use Strafe and FA at the same time? Anyhow, I have written up a build I was thinking of trying out so I thought I'd just post it here and see if any of you have some suggestions. I play PVM non-ladder and my goal for the zon is to just be effective throughout the majority of the areas in Hell. Not looking for an MF runner here, I have another character I'm using for that.

Skills at lvl 90 (102 skill points for distribution)
    20 Frozen Arrow (1 prereq)
    20 Cold Arrow
    20 Strafe (4 prereqs)
    20 Lightning Fury (3 prereqs)
    1 in all passive/magic with additioal 3 points going into penetrate to hit 100% pierce at lvl 9.

Equipment:
    Windforce (8% ml and Shael)
    Nightwing Veil (15% IAS 13% ED Jewel)
    Spirit Forge (2 15% IAS Jewels)
    Razortail
    Highlords Ammy
    Laying of Hands
    Ravenfrost
    Stone of Jordan
    Not sure on the boots, was considering Waterwalk for the dex/life?

Titans Javelins and Mosers with 2 P Diamonds on switch

Charms:
    Annihilus 20/17/8
    1 Bow/Crossbow GC
    Various 10% resist charms as needed
    Some cold small charms to add freezing duration for FA

Stats:

Str: Enough for WF
    Mana: Base
    Dex/Life: Not sure how to balance this

That's what I have collected for the build so far. My main questions are:
    1. How do the skill points look? Will Strafe, FA, and LF take care of my needs? Will 1 point in all passive/magic plus a few extra in penetrate be the best use of those skill points?

2. Does the equimpment look okay? I set it up to reach the 9/2 breakpoint. Will I need more mana leech to maintain FA or will the 8% from WF and the SOJ take care of me? What boots are best?

3. What are the best charms to shoot for with this build? More +1 Bow GC's or more cold damage small charms? Poison charms maybe? I have several 176/6 poison large charms.

4. Are stat points okay? What do you recommend me do with Dex and Life?

5. Am I gonna run into anything I just can't handle with this build or areas I won't be able to get through effectively?

Thanks for your time and responses!

7. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

120 IAS for a 9/2 strafe. M'avina's helm, LOH, Nos Coil / Goldwrap, Shael'd WF, Highlords.

Free slots: Armor, ring1, ring2, boots.

Have fun!

An alternative route involves replacing M'avina's helm with a 15% IAS jewelled Andariel's Visage, then getting whatever unique armor you like and socketing that with a 15% IAS jewel as well. You can then do away with Highlords in favour of Atma's.

8. XG_Darkside

Well I won't be able to do anything with andariel's visage for a while since I'm non-ladder. Also, with your setup I'd be missing the pierce from razortail. Is that a big deal? Anybody else have opinions on the build?

9. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

I don't miss pierce from Razortail one bit.