Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind hammer a good fury weapon??

Discussion in 'Druid' started by PikeyPriest, Feb 15, 2004.

1. PikeyPriest

PikeyPriest IncGamers Member

Wind hammer a good fury weapon??

I have just found a windhammer for my driud, but i am not sure what to socket it with. Also, no one seems to have mentioned it in guides, so i am wondering what i have missed. Is there some factor that makes this weapon a POS??

Also, if it worth using, what should i socket it with?

2. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

big two handed weapons are good for pvm not for pvp... (unless you are a enigma botd barb that is)

3. VictusMetuo

VictusMetuo IncGamers Member

It's close to an IK Maul without all the set bonuses and %ED to Demons/Undead.

The best thing to do if you want to know if a weapon is good or not, is to check the FPA on the Wereform Calculator.

2-Handers are good for PvP Druids, they just need to be faster than that.

4. ~Kazama Fury~

~Kazama Fury~ IncGamers Member

and need more range than a mere 2.

5. coldarmy13

coldarmy13 IncGamers Member

if it's for pvm, and u have mid lvl funds, i would suggest um for the open wounds. or maybe a 40ed jewel. those are fairly cheap. if u are poor[like i was when i found my perf windhammer], a good old pskull never fails. if u're rich...well if u were rich u wouldn't use that weapon. but if u were, and u wanted to be a total jerk and ruin a good rune, u can socket it with Lo or Ber. Cham would be fun even. but then i'd come bite ur head off for wasting those runes in a cruddy weapon.

6. Lithan

Lithan IncGamers Member

I actually like mine quite a bit (Good ED on it is important) Why? Twister. It's what, 1/3 chance? So You should shoot off a few every second at least. Why is this good? Kill eldricht and his buddies a few times and you'll understand. Not Huge... but a real nice help to knock em back and stun em pretty consistantly... whem mfing solo. Still trying to find a good weapon to deal with phys immunes though... First thing Im looking at is a tiamats and baranars. Bonehew might work too though... Im not certain how much damage bone spear does 1.10 with no synergies.For the time being I just run from phys immunes (or if I can get them alone and they don't hit too hard, rabies + pots + Fire Merc = LONG fight but I win.)

Of course to be honest I use IK maul and only bring out the windhammer for kicks.