Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind Druid, using decrep and amplify

Discussion in 'Druid' started by PDXBoy, Mar 12, 2004.

1. PDXBoy

PDXBoy IncGamers Member

Wind Druid, using decrep and amplify

OK, I know that in hell, my wind druid needs to rely on amp and decrep to kill PIs and other immunes. Presumably good poison (i have a 275 poison in 6 secs) helps too. But -- sorry to be newbie on this --- HOW do I use amp and decrep? Is my druid carrying the weapon and giving a hit and run? Or does the skill attach to my tornado? Should the weapon be my merc, instead?

On that note, I really like my barb merc, even though no other sage advice on his forum seems to think barbs are good mercs for a wind druid...

Thanks for advice.

2. junglejim

junglejim IncGamers Member

Put Reaper's Toll on the Act 2 merc of your choice. It has a 33% chance to cast Decrepify per hit and this merc hit's frequently enough that it is nearly always in effect.

I put an eth upgraded Shaft Stop (I don't have a Zod or I'd use this :lol: ) + Crown of Thieves on him and he's nearly indestructible.

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

Yeah a Reaper's Toll is an excellent option.

However, being a Wind Druid and all, shouldn't you have some decent Hurricane Damage? Hurricane=Cold, so maybe that's a way to answer PIs.

Good luck!

4. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Gogo hurricane.
    I hope you meant cold/phys immunes.

5. GIR

GIR Banned

If by "him" you mean your Merc, ethereal items don't lose durability on Mercs, so no Zod needed for him.

6. Choogy

Choogy IncGamers Member

Reapers toll is very nice
    I second it :D

7. wind

wind IncGamers Member

Reaper's Troll is one thing I haven't found, so I use Kuko as a weapon switch in the meantime. It works rather well as an alternative.

8. junglejim

junglejim IncGamers Member

Quick clarifications to my earlier post...

I do use the eth upgraded Shaftstop on my merc, because I don't have a Zod. If I had a Zod, I'd use this armor on one of my melee characters.

Although my merc uses Reaper's Toll to break the PI on monsters, I don't need this unless the critter is PI + CI. If the critter is PI but not CI (e.g. Act 1 ghosts), my Hurricane usually kills it before my merc can.

Hurricane is also an "area of effect" spell, good against packs of PI critters.

Interestingly I occasionally have trouble killing single CI critters because of the 'nado aiming problems. Sometimes it seems that no matter how you reposition & reaim, you just cannot get the 'nado to hit certain targets, Argh!