Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind druid troubels

Discussion in 'Druid' started by AnsuzTheJellyBean, Nov 18, 2006.

1. AnsuzTheJellyBean

AnsuzTheJellyBean Diabloii.Net Member

Wind druid troubels

Greetings all!
    After a one year breake, i returned yet again to Diablo II. Just a week since i started, and used my first couple of days leveling and gearing a lighting sorc. An amazing character, pretty damn great at doing key runs(Which was my initial source of income). Now, she had a few problems with different bosses, specialy Nihla.. The end bosses was almost out of the question, not because she couldn't handle them - It was just too damn slow, and my merc died every time. So looking through the forums, trying to find a decent character, i saw the wind druid template. Now, i played a wind druid last time, and i enjoyed it quite alot - So i decided to give it another go. Rolled up a druid, and after ripping my sorcs gear, i managed to get a pretty nice setup. Hoto 40(selfmade), Enigma in an MP, 25 spirit(Selfmade, looking for replacement), ss on switch, jalal with um, +3 ele amu, rare ring with dual resi 10 fcr and 13 energy, ravenfrost, WT, magefist, tals belt.. A couple of 12-20 life SCs, 20/18 druid T, and a single ele skiller with 12 life. I'm pretty satisfied with my gear, although i'm trying to swap a few things out(Belt and amu mainly).

The druid is only level 75, tornado and all synergies maxed, 1 in oak, ravens, both wolfs, and grizzly. Merc is set up with pretty bad gear, although he got a decent insigth - So mana isn't much of a problem.

My problems start in PvM. I simply feel like a lil' fuzzy sorc, unable to take much hit - Even though i have 1,7k HP, 6,6K def, 8-50% dmg reduce, max block, and ~30-40 all res. Bosses such as Andy is pretty damn dangerous, i need to tele away a couple of times and let the poison dissapear. It's almost worse in areas with lots of standard monsters+Super uniques such as Eld and Shenk, or Nihla. I guess i was expecting a tank, with a rather medicore killing speed, but the possibility of taking on every monster(Except for Uber T/DC) in the game - Am i looking in the wrong place? Am i doing something wrong? Should i level to 85-90 while pumping up oak, before i can start shining? Should the gear be replaced? To sum it all up, i'm looking for a few tips from the windy vets :azn:

2. Botadio

Botadio Diabloii.Net Member

My wind druid has no survivability problems here is what you should try to go for stat/equip wise.

Max DR, SS and Verdungo will get you there easily. Max Res, Get a Mara and put an um in the SS, get torch at least and anni if you can. Make use of Cyclone Armor at all time. Try to reach 99% FCR for that drop the raven frost for another all res +str FCR ring. Also go with Arach belt instead of the Dungo i suggested 35 DR is plenty. For more killing speed get 9 skillers and also i guess try reaching 86% FHR as well. Another thing that helps alot, the spirit/CTA switch. Merc wise you can make a pretty tough Insight Act2 merc with Ethereal fort and some life leech helm they are a good conpanion.

3. Damicles

Damicles Diabloii.Net Member

Torch + Anni + 9 Skillers = No stash room to pick stuff up, a very nice thing to do in PvM... IMO add one point to raven, Max oak sage then go back to summoning ravens, wolves, etc... I use pretty much the same thing you do, spirit, enigma, hoto, jalals, and i have no troubles (aside from them dang dolls !!! ) Botadio was right about one thing for sure, KEEP you cyclone armor current, especially in areas with heavy elemental damage. Just my 2 cents, hope it helps somehow.