Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind Druid.. the BEST pvp Char ever?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by dprodigy, Feb 26, 2004.

1. dprodigy

dprodigy Banned

Wind Druid.. the BEST pvp Char ever?

Well, I have a level ** druid on USeast non ladder.. and seriously.. I own everyone in dueling game. I HARDLY EVER die.. The only time I die is when a newb trapsins get lucky and spam mindblast on me like 100000 times until I die slooooooooowly.. But other than that, I own EVERYONE with ease.. Although dueling other druid can be challenging... So yeah I think wind druids are the best overall pvp character.. I once had to duel 6 people at once.. they were all teamed.. I just hostiled them, go through cold plain since they were tging like mofos.. Owned them one by one in like 10 sec.. im not kidding.. btw my tornado does 6200 damage.. hurricane nearly 3000 damage.. Absorb nearly 3000 damage..

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

You have seen the light, don't let people bring you down.

3. dprodigy

dprodigy Banned

yy

I have other pvp characters as well.. a level 85 trapsin.. a level ** bonemancer.. I like them all but I just Looooove owning massive people at once with druid. I think the only character that comes close to druid is a bonemancer.. I have one.. I think they are great too...

4. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

My sassy loves to kill wind druids :)

5. lucrativelyrics

lucrativelyrics IncGamers Member

prodigy ... mofos, owned .... lol someone needs to expand their vocab ,

good fireball , wind druids , bonemancer and hammerdins are all good

6. dprodigy

dprodigy Banned

lucrativelyrics: making fun of someone's internet slangs make me look cool and intellegent.. wootz i spel reelly goob!

7. Evadek

Evadek Banned

I love my wind druid as druids are without a doubt my favourite class due to their looks and their skills. Even though I don't have insanely good armour like HOTO and Enigma, I use mid lvl items like Wizspikes and Vipermagi, lidless wall and Jalal's mane and I do own quite a few characters, rarely elite players with insanely good items. He is quite fast so I own bonemancers and Amazons. I can dodge traps but I find it hard when up against melee as I am still a bit weak as I don't have a stormshield yet (Don't wanna trade for one).
    Overall even though Druids can't hit insanely high amounts of damage and as user friendly as an FOHer. With skill they can be very powerful and if a player doesn't have the "Cannot Be Frozen" Attribute on their armour then they are basically dead anyway.

8. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

My druid hits 5.5k tornado, that's more then FoH, and can be cast faster (not counting double hits)

9. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Hmm, just wondering, have you guys dueled any good C/C WW assassin?.... only char that can and will block those tornadoes... i have seen some darned tough ones...

10. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Fenris is pretty much right. Don't **** with a good wind druid.

11. Phyrexial

Phyrexial IncGamers Member

Interesting... looks quite similar to a certain post in the PvP forum...

12. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Yea they own, but be weary of ww sins and good ww barbs, they seem to have the best chance vs a wind druid.

Also those 1 hit wonder charge pallys (35k+ Charge). Course they useually have pathetic life, and die just as easily to a single tornadoe. So useually an active bear/spirit keeps them from hitting you.

And 15k hammers are always painfull.

Not entirely un-defeatable, but as close as you can get in 1.1.

13. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

I think a godly barb with insane fast run/walk would have the best chance but you don't see those on west ladder.

14. mepersoner

mepersoner IncGamers Member

Wolf druids are best ever.

15. Sephiroth[TR]

Sephiroth[TR] IncGamers Member

yea wind druid are so damm godlike give them enigma and they own the whole game in a public dueling game. Kinda lame for me when im dueling in public game without those 1337 runewords items.

And btw a BOTD with enigma baba can own wind druid they tele to u WW and do it again over and over. And if they dont have enough AR angelic can kick there ar over the 20K and make sure they hit u.

Those exspensive runeword items did kinda ruined the dueling :/

almost forgot. You ppl notice some charged strike or powerstrike (dunno name name of that skil ) AMA can be damm hard to kill to ? Saw a damm ama dodge 5 of my tornado in a ROW ! not that she coud escape death after the dodging :p

16. Baranor

Baranor IncGamers Member

Ho hum hum ho, there's no character that's unbeatable. Ever tried fighting a tele necro? I'm sure that they are non-existant in SC, but in HC, tellynecs are God's Wrath with a potential 32K PvP damage in 3 seconds. Since you're doing pubbies you should try it once ^_^.

Apart from that a good tellyzerker barb should be able to kill you, or a good telly-ww-er. That reminds me of the dam telly-charger that I had in the works before I bailed out on HC duelling.... level 48, 1.5K life, max res and telly-charge with an eth headstriker ^_^

17. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

umm hoto is a wpn.

18. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Wind druids are basically immune to necs.
    Barbs are fairly easy if you know what you're doing, you tele a lot faster for one.

19. -Ferro-

-Ferro- IncGamers Member

Hmmmnn...

Talking about PvP involving chars that have huge advantages over the opponents, yes you are God owning a fury wolf with cold sorc...whats so awesome?. Make wind druid vs wind druid, or Bone necro vs Bone necro....where is the fun/challenge/skill?. Are them so amazing?. Dont get me wrong, its just I dont see it as a big deal.

Ahhh I miss v/t vs v/t duels...

20. DemonicTutor

DemonicTutor IncGamers Member

Well if you move south or just teleport whenever the barb teleports, then you kinda don't get hit really.

I dueled a 16k Whirlwind barb tonight (he was some robo eth botd spear build), and it was kinda scarey, but I managed to beat him solidly. Also the added range on that pole is deceiveing.

But the problem is it really comes down to the druid makeing a mistake or lagging. If I hit a lag spike, or got desynced really bad, he would land a WW on me nearly killing me.

So I think a 200+ run walk ww barb would be a nightmare to duel. It would just be too hard to judge where they really are with all that desyncing.

And after getting more experience vs ww sins, I can go more than 50-50 vs them now. But its hard, you gotta be quick to teleport at all times, and don't be suprised if the duel takes a good 5-10 minutes since they block alot of ur nados.

Still havn't had much problems with hammerdins, but I havn't dueled a slow missile useing hammerdin in a long time, and I imagine that would be extreamly hard.

But now it seems my diablo2 is corrupt... The game crashes whenever I enter a game with my wind druid, or any druid for that matter. Spits out some error with the d2 data skills or something. It's the damnist thing, I can't play any druid characters now lol. I wonder if a reinstall would solve it...

Or maybe its a sign I'v been spending too much time with my wind druid and I should play my other characters alittle more heh.