Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind Druid Stat problems

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Sunjeet, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Sunjeet

Sunjeet IncGamers Member

Wind Druid Stat problems

Well, I'm somewhat new to using the elemental tree for Druids. I had a WW Druid that did well with Fury back in 1.09, but now that I'm playing again, I decided to start up a Wind Druid. He is still somewhat low level, but I'm wondering what kind of stats should I go for. I don't know much about the kinds of items out there so I don't know what I should be aiming for at all. I've seen sooooo many different people say many different things, so I don't know where to go with this guy. Until I hear back, I guess I'll keep it at 70 str and nothing else spent.

Oh, also, this is PvM, so should I be maxing block?

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

If its PvM I would go for max vita. The gear really depend on if your rich or not. I suggest the following equip for mid price range:

Helm: Jalal
    Armour: Vipermagi
    Weapon: Wizspike
    Shield: Lidless
    Belt: Arach/Nightsmoke
    Glove: Trang/Mage
    Boot: Sandtrek/Silkweave/Waterwalk
    Ammy: +Skill/FCR
    Ring: BK/Soj/Resist/Stats

For more information check the guide stickied up there.

3. proudfoot

proudfoot IncGamers Member

For PvM I'd go enough Strength for items, base Dex and Energy, and the rest in Vitality. You should be dodging, not blocking. And get your Mana from items.

4. Strid

Strid IncGamers Member

My personal opinion is that Stormshield is such a nice shield, that if you can use it, by all means, do it. So if you can afford Stormshield, definitely get enough dexterity to have 75% chance to block. Even with the massive strength requirement, you can have quite high life with Oak Sage and a charms that have life on them.

However, if you can't afford Stormshield, you would most likely be better off using Lidless Wall with an Um rune or a perfect diamond. Also, the extra life you gain from not having to put ~300 points in strength and dexterity will make up for some of the extra damage you take from not having a decent chance to block.

Other, unlike me, find the slight increase in killing speed that you gain from Lidless Wall outweighing the extra safety from Stormshield. They also claim that you don't need all that safety for PvM. What it all boils down to, is a matter of taste.

5. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

I agree with strid if you can get the cast from somewhere else I would take a storm and either add a nice -req jewel (I have one with +9 dex, +cold and ligth res and +mana regen or something like that) or even a hel rune. This way you get some dr and still get some decent vit.

6. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

why doesnt anyone recommend spike thorn? less str...less dr...but it has fhr and if youre not worried about block then its just better no?

phelix

7. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

True enough nobody mentions it because to one thinks about it :D

8. jumbo_SHRIMP

jumbo_SHRIMP IncGamers Member

just tried it out, its pretty friggen ugly...then again id say a druid not shapeshifted is pretty ugly anyway

phelix

9. arbing

arbing IncGamers Member

i would pick ss over it because it got higher block rate (save alot of dex), higher dr% (with enigma, it will have 43% dr), resist (although not very important since you have cyclone armor)

10. rogier

rogier IncGamers Member

pvm its really preference if you're going max block or no block. you can survive without, but especially if you run a lot you want to relax a little sometimes(which is tanking :))

tanking minions of destruction/deathlords isnt possible with no block