Wind Druid SS Socketing

NokturnaL

Diabloii.Net Member
Wind Druid SS Socketing

I'm not sure what to put in my storm shield. Im choosing between an Eld and a Ber rune. With the Eld i can put more points into vit which will help me all around, even against casters. If i go Ber then i will have 50% DR with SS equipped as opposed to the 43% DR i would have without the Ber. What do you guys think is more important? Right now im leaning towards the Eld rune. Thanks for your help :]

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
well, im not really an expert when it coms to play with a windy, but i do know that vs. most casters you will use spirit. And when you do use the SS, you do it cause you need the DR, and you will want as much of it as possible.

lets say you get hit by a tornado doing 6k dmg

Without Ber. 6000*0.17*0.57=581.4
With Ber. 6000*0.17*0.50=510

Difference of 71 PvP dmg

I would say, go for Ber.

Strid

Diabloii.Net Member
Ber is the obvious choice, Shael being a close 2nd. If you're going to duel anyone with physical damage, max PDR is imperative, so unless you have another way of achieving it, Ber is what you should put in it.

Anyways, Eld Storm would be gosu becaise it's the lowest rune with one of the best shield in the game. Ferrari Enzo with rusty rims... But really, the thing about Eld is, that if you use a -15% Req jewel, the Str you save gives more life (when you put it in Vit) than the Dex you save by using an Eld rune. So unless you haven't got a decent -15% Req jewel, stay away from Eld for now. :)

(First useful post since 2004!) :D

Summerfun

Diabloii.Net Member
you dont need the -req for a wind druid, since you easy get 156 str with base str and enigma.

Im still saying Ber, though i some times would have like the Shael

Strid

Diabloii.Net Member
you dont need the -req for a wind druid, since you easy get 156 str with base str and enigma.

Im still saying Ber, though i some times would have like the Shael
I agree, I'm just advocationg against Eld ... :smiley: