Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind Druid or Bone Necro?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by BricBrac, Mar 20, 2005.

1. BricBrac

BricBrac IncGamers Member

Wind Druid or Bone Necro?

I'm indecisive about whether to make a wind druid or bone necro. Both of the playing styles I like, and they both can rush and help level my friends easily, unlike 1 skill tree sorcs. Obviously they're not going to be perfect against all, but which one would do better against more pvp builds?

2. Subliminal_Influence_911

Subliminal_Influence_911 IncGamers Member

Depends on what you can afford. I'd need to know your income.

3. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

I think they are both quite expensive to make... however IMO the Boner (necro) is much more fun to play than a windy druid.
    Boners are more than likley not as well equipped to rush as fast as a wel built windy, but meh... still boner > windy IMO

4. billabongx

billabongx IncGamers Member

Bonemancers require aiming, while most Windies just tp on someone and spam nadoes at the someone w/o even trying aim IMO

5. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Bonemancers can actually spam so it fun in duels... lol

Bonemancers are pretty much designed to be one of the strongest chars in the game along w/ Windies....

Windies more fun in duels than Bone necs... but they require a really good computer to be useful in duels since they need to tele insanely zig zag around their opponent untill they get right up close...

Itemwise I suppose bone necs require more cuz of Homun instead of just Lid or SS for windies...

I'd say Bone necs though all the way... (they SO STRONG when you build it just right so you can actually skelly stack and make them NOT die)

- Dennis

6. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

Bone necros are the best.

My bone necro wears things like shako, trang gloves, skin of vampire magi, white wand, and homun, and I eat lvl 92 enigma/hoto/hoz paladins for breakfast.

They only kill me when I make a mistake and run the wrong way.

The rest of the pvp builds are different challenges.

Faith bowzons are my personal hell, and the only way I can beat them is by throwing a crap load of bone walls in front of me to take a couple guided arrows, and hope my spirits hit them. Of course, they just multishot to clear everything, which makes me have to run.

Windies are tough for me, since I can't teleport, and I've NEVER seen a wind druid in a duel who doesnt have enigma.

Chargers kill me most of the time, but I they dont kill me in one charge, my spirits usually catch up with them. Same with zealers and smiters. If they teleport beside me, im dead. If they run to me and dont manage to kill me before my spirits catch up, they are dead.

Barb's are fun if they dont have botd. Decrep them and watch as they miss you with ww and die from the horde of spirits on their tails.

Trappers are pretty much a shootout, unless they are aggressive and follow you around trying to surround with traps. It boils down to whoever gets hit first. You with mind blast and traps, or the sin with your spirits/spears.

For sorcs in my experiance, they try to tele around you to confuse you. Just spam spirits a bit in front of them. They will probably move in close to make sure their fireballs/blizzards/whatever are on target. I just shoot off some spirits and keep running. Usually they are too busy shooting at me to dodge in time.

7. Emerald Dragon

Oops I double posted for some reason. sorry.

8. BricBrac

BricBrac IncGamers Member

Hmm I guess I'll go with the bone necromancer since everyone's having so much more fun with him :D

Thanks for the replies, but now the problem for me are barbs with botd/enigma. wind druid was fine because of the massive DR... is it worth putting the lots of points into dexterity for the 75% block?

9. LordDrift

LordDrift IncGamers Member

good characters can take up to a few hundred runes easy on USWest.

Leave how much ur willing to spend and i can tell you

10. digital_mana

digital_mana IncGamers Member

No... Max block on a Windy Druid or a Necro is completely asstarded and despite what most people will tell you, it just makes you weaker.

11. Emerald Dragon

MAx block is for melee chars Imo.

If your a caster, the goal is NOT to get hit. Wind Druids and Bone necros are not meant to tank like barbs or paladins.

Sure max block would give you piece of mind, but your gonna have crappy vit.

12. FoBBy(OD)

FoBBy(OD) IncGamers Member

block is useless. summon stack on druids and bone armor on necs can beat any barb or melee char.

vs charger with nec, bone wall in front of u spam spirits