Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind Druid Merc - when is the best time?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by 99RedSi, Jun 2, 2005.

1. 99RedSi

99RedSi IncGamers Member

Wind Druid Merc - when is the best time?

When is the best time (player level - approx) to get a merc, be it HF or Defiance, for a wind druid?

Should I get it after I hit 50?

2. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Well this is not a definite answer but i tend to hire mercs from nightmare once i hit 45+ so he'd be 40-43 and if all else fails the merc could hit high enough level to equip a cruel weapon to kickstart his career:D However there is a view that the lower the lvl of your merc, the higher his/her stats would be endgame.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

there is normally no point in hiring a merc on a lower level than the maximum possible merc level from the mercseller.
    This means, wait until you are one level higher than the mercs you can hire, then hire him.
    There is actually no reason to wait until lvl 70 for a HF merc, since he might get exp on the way...

4. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

The lower you get your merc the better he will be in the end. mercs stats are based on their level ups but their purchase stats don't match the level ups pound for pound. a lvl 6 rogue merc purchased will have better stats at lvl 8 than a lvl 8 rogue purchased at lvl 8.

Get your mercs as low level and early as possible, make sure to stay in thier area to level them the fastest, pure and simple. Plus you want your aura merc early on so you can use the aura earlier in your characters career.

5. Decebal

Decebal IncGamers Member

This is very interesting... :confused:

I have some questions though! Most of my mercs for my chars are HF or Might mercs hired in act 2 NM! Usually i get to act 2 NM when i'm around lev 45 (cause of the baalrun games i do in normal). Now when i hire a merc in Act 2 Nm i aways try to hire the highest lev merc, as close to my level as possible.

My questions now:
    1. You mean that if I'm lev 45 and there are mercs that are lev 40 or 41 i should hire them instead of mercs that are level 44 - 45?

2. Or you mean that mercs hired in Normal are better in the end than merc hired in NM or hell when they reach high levels? I know that some mercs hired in normal are available in NM and Hell also!

3. I guess this applies (se question 2) to all mercs from act 1-3 and 5 also?

/Dec

6. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

Here check for yourself.

You can hire them from clvl 44-47
    Buy a clvl 44 and check his stats then add 3 times the levelup numbers
    Then buy a clvl 47 and see if his stats match.

Also you can note that the normal versions are fairly easier to level than the hell versions so they will stay closer to your clvl.

The problem we have is a nightmare HF merc is typically wanted that limits us significantly.

7. 99RedSi

99RedSi IncGamers Member

So the consensus then is to buy the merc now (HF, Act 3 -> I'm level 22 currently) in Normal rather than waiting until Nightmare?

If so, what bonuses do I get if I wait until Nightmare, as far as "extra" abilities, etc for a NM HF Merc?