Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind Druid Hireling

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Belas, Mar 11, 2004.

1. Belas

Belas IncGamers Member

Wind Druid Hireling

I read few wind druid strategys, but authors forget about hirleings. So which wind druid hireling to hire?

2. junglejim

junglejim IncGamers Member

I think that's because most guides here concentrate on the PvP aspects of character builds...

I like the Holy Freeze merc a lot (NM Act 2 Defensive merc). His freeze aura compliments the Hurricane in slowing down monsters.

I equip him with a Reaper's Toll, the Decrepify removes the PI aspect of most Hell monsters. This makes life a whole lot easier!

I haven't found a good helm for him yet.

3. Underseer

Underseer IncGamers Member

I dunno. Holy freeze seems kinda redundant with what your wind druid is already doing. It seems to me the merc oughtta be doing something you're not. Besides, the holy freeze merc's ability is a pale shadow of a good hurricane. :)

Personally, I'm going with a prayer merc. I figure my wind druid is dependent on parties anyway, so I might as well bring a benefit to the party that isn't already being provided by everyone else, y'know? Between my Oak Sage and Prayer merc, I hope I can provide a nice defensive advantage to any group I hook up with.

4. junglejim

junglejim IncGamers Member

That's a great idea!

The non-Act 2 mercs don't add much value to a Wind Druid since you're killing things too fast. However, I have heard that an Act 1 lightning merc can be handy if you give them +3 to skills.

Most of the Act 2 mercs are not that useful either since you're not hitting anything with your weapon and hopefully not much is hitting you.

The Holy Freeze seems to help regardless of Hurricane. I like the idea of the Prayer too. How much does this help you?

5. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

They fixed that in 1.10, +3 skills on a roge merc no longer grants them that wierd lightning hose attack thing which I never liked in the first place.

6. Starkey

Starkey IncGamers Member

I've always had success with might hirelings my wind druid is 86 in HC destroying everthing my merc uses toll reaper andys helm and archon lionheart armor i really want gullieames face for merc with 35% cb