Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind Druid Help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Freak the Mighty, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Freak the Mighty

Freak the Mighty IncGamers Member

Wind Druid Help

I have seen alot of guide from varios places and they all point to pvp builds, would those builds be viable to pvm and possibly mf with?
    Would Aldur's set work well with a windy druid as a friend is giving me the armor and people say that the rest is easy to come by.
    I would appreciate any help but keep in mind im still very poor as i have just recently start playing again after about year without playing

2. gvandale

gvandale IncGamers Member

aldur's set can easily be out performed by a lot of different setups of unique items.

My friend made a PVM - MF windy completely untwinked on ladder, so it's obvious it can be done. Yor dmg won't reach the insanely high levels you read about, but you'll do good.

g

3. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

WELCOME TO THE DRUID FOURM !!!!!!!!

Aldurs would not be the best bet for a wind druid b/c none of the wind druids skills are timered, thus fcr is nice. All the pvp guides would work fine for pvm, yes max block is great for pvm on a wind druid. You could use the armor and boots and helm of aldurs if you wanted to get some mods, and the armor itself wouldnt be bad for pvm, but aldurs weapon itself just is not good for a wind druid. You need something w/ fcr and mana, weapon selections would be wiz/suicide branch , HoTo for high rollers. A decent shield would be a high block % rhyme or sigons, or whistans. Most other suggestions can be found in guides.

4. Freak the Mighty

Freak the Mighty IncGamers Member

thanks for the fast replies, guess im ready to start him then

1 quick question tho, would solar creeper and carron vine be worth a point to help out as i will probably have low mana to start with.

5. simmk81

simmk81 IncGamers Member

yup. the +3 skills doesn't outweigh the fcr. another shield to look out for is lidless shield, a nice complement to wizspike/suicide brch/Hoto especially. fast mana regen and +1 skills make this a main stay in most spell casters arsenal. the only thing i have with this guy is no mf and block rate is not as good as compared to whistan (def!) and resistances not as good as ss/2 perf diamond mosers.

6. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

Yea lidless is a casters friend but not if your going for a high block rate like i think you were mentioning ... overall i wouldnt touch lidless b/c chance to block is far superior to +1 skiills and fcr and mana reg.[, if you get a sigons then its just lacking in fcr and mana regin./COLOR]