Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind druid equipment help

Discussion in 'Druid' started by IKeepDying, Jun 2, 2005.

1. IKeepDying

IKeepDying IncGamers Member

Wind druid equipment help

Hi, I have a wind druid that's mostly designed for PvP. Originally, I was going for items with the most +skills possible, but then I realized maybe it would be worth it to sacrifice some +skills for things like the next fcr breakpoint, more res, better block, etc. Keep in mind that I can't afford items like enigma and hoto, and thanks for your help.

Weapon: Islestrike or Wizardspike?
    Shield: Lidless wall or Whitstan's Guard or 'Rhyme' Grim Shield?
    Armor: Skin of the Vipermagi?
    Helm: Shako or Jalal's Mane?
    Gloves: Trang's gloves
    Belt: Arachnid Mesh
    Boots: Waterwalk (61 life) or Aldur's boots? (Since I don't have enigma I like the Aldur's for the 40% faster run/walk)
    Ammy: Mara's Kaleidoscope (25 res, I know this is worth a lot compared to my other items - I found this myself)
    Rings: SoJ (maybe I should get another one - what do you think I can get one for on EastNL?), 2 fcr rings (minor other mods), Raven Frost

Or something else that isn't too expensive? Thanks again for your help.

2. Subliminal_Influence_911

Subliminal_Influence_911 IncGamers Member

Without enigma, I would go for as many + skills as possible. Fcr is used in order to be able to tele with most casters, as tornado speed is slow regardless. Since you don't have enigma, I don't see a need for a lot of fcr.

3. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

not to offend you, but i hear you need near perfection gear in pvp to have chance against those cookie cutter people. which means you WILL need enigma hoto "and the rest". if you just want to have fun, you are good, but if you are planning to beat those trapsins ww barbs and etc, i'd say wait until you can get the best gear, or to the point where you are so skilled that you can beat 7 people with you eyes closed :lol: hope this wasn;t to discouraging. just what i hear in the forums

4. IKeepDying

IKeepDying IncGamers Member

Yea, I already know I won't be able to beat the majority of people, but I play mostly with friends who also don't have godly gear. So I should just go with all the +skills I can get? What about lidless vs. whitstan's guard?

5. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Wizardspike has tons of resists, fcr and mana, islestrike only has 2 skills and stats, I'd much rather use wizardspike.
    Lidless has 40% block, whitstan's has 87% you'll save tons of stats from dexterity to vitality if you use whitstan's so I recommend it.
    Vipermagi is good, with fcr, resists and a skill.
    Shako has more mana but since you don't have call to arms you might as well use Jalal's for the resists and fhr.
    Waterwalks have tons of life and maximum fire resist so if you don't have problem catching up use them. If your fire resist isn't at max already, use aldurs instead since they have almost as much life and fire resist too.
    Since you are running you need cannot be frozen and raven frost will allow you to spend less points into dexterity for max block -> more vitality.

Hope this helps.

6. Rice_Farmer3

Rice_Farmer3 IncGamers Member

oh so you gear is fine for just having fun with your friends.
    have a fun pvp experience.