Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

wind druid cast rate & CBF mod question

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Gotcha, Feb 14, 2004.

1. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

wind druid cast rate & CBF mod question

Man I have read all these guides and have played my wind druid for some time on ladder and off.

It seems to me that there is a huge advantage to reaching the 99% fcr even If I have to give up 2 skill points to achieve it. Or maybe one with one ring and a +3 elemental/10% fcr ammy. What is everyone's thought on the fastest cast rate and especially in pvp situations.

Also I see that one guide does not even mention CBF (cannot be frozen), am I to assume they are going to be using tele all the time and never duel, etc. without teleporting to the enemy????

I live for my 99/100% FCR, god am I the only one that seems to like the extra frame?????

Just a few questions and thought I had.
    :drink:

2. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Yep, you are.
    66 is plenty for pvp (ask fatty how I do with 66)
    CBF is not important for a wind druid, if you get frozen just tele, if not run the majority of the time. A runner would want cbf.

3. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Thanks, as I was thinking about it I guess 66 is fine since the CTA would loose quite a bit if I had to loose 2 or 3 to all skill points.

My only thought then is weather to use a jah in my shako or a um or 15 res/7%FHR jewel.

Thanks for the help

4. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

99 fcr is only important if you want to be able to tank melee's in pvp, if you dont mind tele'ing around and then casting then you dont need it.

5. Æ’enris

Æ’enris Banned

Ehm..probably the jewel.

6. ReallFugitive

ReallFugitive IncGamers Member

No contest. Jewel most definately. I wouldn't ever put Um in anything except shield or weapon.

Anyway 99% is alot better than 66%. If you have the oppourtunity to have it without sacrificing dr/resists definately go for it.

7. Gotcha

Gotcha IncGamers Member

Still not sure

Man lol.

I keep testing on the FCR and man, even in pvp I feel that the 99% is better then the 66%FCR, I tele faster, spam real godly fast :clap: and man the feeling is godly and so I loose 2 soj's. The mana is not important since I still have 500 but I am still feeling like so I loose 2 to all skills, but it sorta seems worth it.

I know I am rambling, just my thoughts. I guess it is a debate of the highest possible damage or a faster tele and attack rate.

Sigh :yawn:

8. Voice

Voice IncGamers Member

I dont think its that much of a debate .... if you got the gear to afford good resist (some stacked is perfered) w/o losing much you get the 99 fcr. The damage you get from items like sojs and such really dont have as much importance when your gear is set right. Think if it like this:

HotO = +3
    raven lore OR shako = +3/2
    engima = +2
    A good ele ammy w/ +3 +fcr +prisamic + life =+3
    arachnid = +1
    charms + 11

no matter how you look at it .. if optimized you will have +22/+23 w/o any + skill rings. Now with this gear ... i will assume you have +23 to ele skills so.

hurricane = 2530-2645
    tornado = 5612-5900

with that kind of damage using zero rings .... you can easily tell that fcr is would be a better option (10 fcr w/ nice prisamic mods). The benefits you will receive from the +2-3 extra skills will be lost b/c there is no reason to do much more damage when 1-2 tornados will wipe out 80% of your opponents.

btw the only reason i mentioned such good gear is b/c the way the topic started it seemed like that you had the wealth to afford all. So yes the 99 fcr is what all pvp eles should shoot for if by doing so wont screw them in other areas such as resist and such b/c once you hit around 5k nado your set.