Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wind Druid Advice: Whether to pump str to use Spirit? ifra

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Generator, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Generator

Generator IncGamers Member

Wind Druid Advice: Whether to pump str to use Spirit?

Hey, I currently have a lvl 82 windy, base stats, equipment he is wearing so far is. What I need to know is what I should put into my SS, I was thinking res/-15req jewel, but I then figured that I would be using my 35fcr spirit monarch to hit 163fcr (along with other equipment changes) when facing casters since i wont need the block or DR from SS. So my question is should I use spirit and pump str, allowing me to put an um or w/e into SS, or is Spirit, along with hitting the 163fcr bp, worth it against casters. Plz helpt me out as I won't be putting any points into any stats until I know. BTW I am going for max block with SS also. Thanks!

-druid/fcr circlet/ shako
    -druid ammy w/7str (this str allows me to equip mage nigma)/ maras
    -hoto
    -mage nigma
    -shield is SS or spirit (read above)
    -trang gloves
    -arachs
    -sojs/fcr rings (when going for 163fcr)
    -13str treks
    -19/15 D torch
    -15/20 anni

Still need charms (check out my ISO list, lol :tongue: )

2. superjayson

superjayson IncGamers Member

To pump your strength to 156 is a pretty easy question as both ss and spirit require 156 str to use. Your anni/torch/treks and enigma got most of that strength covered from the start so that shouldn't be a problem.

res/req jewel would be a waste in my opinion as if you're pvp SS is only option for melee and spirit is fine for casters. Put an eld for less dex or pgem/um for res.

and I'm not sure on BP for FCR, but I think most just go for 99fcr

3. Generator

ya I will mainly go with 99fcr, however, if I find that too slow to keep up with the faster teleporting chars (sorc, hdin, bone necros) then I have the option to move up to 163fcr w/o really loosing any dmg or survivability (not against casters at least). For all melee, SS is a must for max block and DR. I think I will put an um in it for res, but once I figure out my res after I can equip it and get more of my charms, then I will be able to best decide what to socket it with.

4. superjayson

dont stress too much importance on res. aside from poison cyclone protects you from everything if you remember to recast it.

5. dodobird

dodobird IncGamers Member

I'm not exactly sure avbout your overall point here...

Personally, I went with a -15req jwl that has some other mods...

:undecided:

-Dodo

6. superjayson

it looks like hes pvp so hes going to most likely use SS. How ever some people (like me) switch to spirit for casters. Hence either way you need 156 str.

7. Generator

thanks jayson, ya I am going to wait and lv a bit to get the most out of my nigma, and maybe any other +str items I might get, before I use any stats. Thanks for the help guys!

8. Lyrs

Lyrs IncGamers Member

Go with an Eld in your SS if you plan on going to lvl 90+. You'll save a few more stat points that way.

Or a Ber for max %dr.

9. EndofDayz

EndofDayz IncGamers Member

Personaly, I would put a ber in the SS to reach your max DR (SS+Ber+Enigma=max DR) unless you get max from somewhere else then Ber. If you get it from somewhere else I would socket a -15req jewel. I see that someone suggested um... for ur SS? SS is for max block and DR which is for melee. Spirit is what you use for casters so i find um to be a great waste IMO.

Let me know if you get max DR from somewhere else maybe i can figure something out better in that case.

~EoD~:censored: