William Hung makes it big.

Anakha1

Banned
William Hung makes it big.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4305972/

Excerpt:
On Wednesday, Hung performed at UC Berkeley’s men’s volleyball game, where he received a $25,000 check from the Fuse music channel and a record offer from Koch Entertainment. If he accepts, Hung will be in good company, the Koch Entertainment stable of talent includes Ringo Starr, Montell Jordan, and the Bangles. The deal reportedly includes a music video that will air on Fuse.

Gigas

Diabloii.Net Member
Heh... I saw that on CNN.

Does this guy not realize that he's "popular" because everyone is making fun of him? He's not a star, he's a freakshow attraction.

Anakha1

Banned
I think a lot of people like him not for his suckyness, which he has in abundance, but rather his unflappable and earnest attitude. That in coordination with his physical appearance makes for comedy GOLD!!!!

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
Gigas said:
Heh... I saw that on CNN.

Does this guy not realize that he's "popular" because everyone is making fun of him? He's not a star, he's a freakshow attraction.
I think he knows it, and is cashing in on it. I really do think that he went on American Idol intending to screw up, in hopes of using the momentary fame to boost himself into the spotlight.

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
I think he knows it, and is cashing in on it. I really do think that he went on American Idol intending to screw up, in hopes of using the momentary fame to boost himself into the spotlight.
You really think he had it planned out that well?

BenDover

Diabloii.Net Member
LOL, I saw that guy in a clip somebody posted at a forum. It was hilarious.

The best part is where he says 'You know, I didn't receive any professionel training at all'. If he hadn't said that I would never have known.

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
Who the heck is this William Hung guy? Is he one of those reality TV losers who sucked at whatever he did and is cashing in now?

I don't know what's worse, this guy or the fact that people know who he is.

To quote Marx: "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
maccool said:
I don't know what's worse, this guy or the fact that people know who he is.
I know who he is because of the Internet, not the idiot box. I'd post the link, but the only one I know of is blocked at work.

Wuhan_Clan

Diabloii.Net Member
Actually, the internet makes the computer and "idiot-box" too. Its just that you have more control over the idiocy being spewed :uhhuh:.

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
Wuhan_Clan said:
Actually, the internet makes the computer and "idiot-box" too. Its just that you have more control over the idiocy being spewed :uhhuh:.
True, I can avoid "reality" shows on the Internet, but I can't on television.

VampiroXIII

Diabloii.Net Member
maccool said:
No 'off' button on the TV, eh :D
Not when you live in a small-*** barracks room with 2 other roommates and one does nothing but stare at. Seriously, he spends more time in front of the tv than I do in front of a computer.

cougar

Diabloii.Net Member
is it just me... or are the losers of American Idol making it just as.. if not bigger then the winners?

th5418

Banned
Wuhan_Clan said:
You really think he had it planned out that well?
He goes to Berkely. He prob got it all planned out. He will be a high paying enginneer AND get money through shows.

thejdawg2

Diabloii.Net Member
People may laugh at him, but he has just made more money than most of the other people who have ever tried out for American Idol ever will by their musical talent.

Considering once you start going below 3rd or 4th place, you not only lose the record deal chances, but also really any chance at fame, he in reality out performed all but 2 or 3 contestants.

Kudos to him.