Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will you spend MONEY to Buy Items in D3?

Discussion in 'Diablo 3 Trading Forums' started by FizzyBubbly, Oct 7, 2011.

1. FizzyBubbly

FizzyBubbly Diabloii.Net Member

Will you spend MONEY to Buy Items in D3?

In an effort to understand demand from the community we ask this question

Are you willing to spend any amount of Money to buy items in D3?
    Yes or No?

2. Wayne

Wayne Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Will you spend MONEY to Buy Items in D3?

Im willing. I dont know whether Ill actually spend money but im not against the idea. People who are will understand once theyve grown up.

3. Azzure

Azzure Diabloii.Net Member

I would estimate at least 98% of the player-base will take part in a real money transaction during their time playing Diablo 3. Though I am excluding players who lose interest in the game early.

4. Lanthanide

Lanthanide Diabloii.Net Member

98%? Doubt it.

There will be a sizeable group of people who have no interest in dealing with paypal in any way, shape or form. Also a lot of people who simply aren't interested in it, as well as some who won't even know the option exists.

5. Azzure

Azzure Diabloii.Net Member

You need to remember that the RMAH is potentially the only way to trade most items effectively. I doubt more than a few % of regular players would go long without using it. I'm pretty sure 99.99% of WoW players have used the AH.

Also, you don't need ANY money to take part in the RMAH, nor do you need to have a credit card or bank account to open a Paypal account. This will remove the barriers for players who have reservations about putting down any money or credit details into Paypal. Had that not been the case, I would agree with you.

6. Dentata

Dentata Diabloii.Net Member

I will use the RMAH, but don't intend to put in money. If that counts, then yes I'll spend money. But I also think that using the GAH is essentially using money as well, since that gold could have been converted to cash and cashed out.

On the Paypal issue, if all I'm using it for is to pull out cash from Blizzard, that would avoid the problems I've seen people have with Paypal. Blizz isn't going to challenge it. Additionally, it is so easy to get a separate bank account or credit card to use with it, that it is trivial to minimize your risk.

7. Lanthanide

Lanthanide Diabloii.Net Member

Putting items for sale in the RMAH will attract a listing fee, yes?

Is there a similar listing fee (whether $ or gold) for items in the GAH? If not, then that's one significant point in favour of the GAH right there.

8. Trump

Trump Diabloii.Net Member

Shocking. I think 50% would be a generous estimate.

For reference, I don't think 98% of the player-base of World of Warcraft have used that Auction House. I don't know what percentage that is, but I'd say half of that number would be a generous estimate for "player-base who will take part in a real money transaction."

9. FizzyBubbly

FizzyBubbly Diabloii.Net Member

I think he is referring to people participating in an RMAH "Transaction" on either the buyer or seller side counted together.

So in his estimation over the lifespan of ones game experience he expects 98% of the player base to either Buy something Or Sell something on the RHAM.

I think it may be more like 70% because you have to account for player drop of but also you need to understand that this is in reference over the life of the game. If a Kid starts playing D3 when he's 15, In 3 years he may come back to the game and realize "oh, i have this legendary that's selling for $40 bucks why not sell it."

Also in thinking of the people that are completely against the RHAM it's comical because for all intensive purposes these are the more "hardcore"(not mode wise) players and they will be the ones finding these ultra rare items and when they see a $400 dollar price tag on it they may change their mind very quickly about the RHAM..

Either way I think as time goes on the RHAM will be embraced as a normality and a positive. Also I can see this becoming something that is implemented throughout the industry over the next 3-7 yrs.

Either way my guess in about 70-80% will use the RHAM at some point either on the buy or sell side.

10. Concupisco Quaestus

Concupisco Quaestus Diabloii.Net Member

Mmmm, I dunno what to answer... I'd be willing to but know I won't have the need to so am I a yay or a nay? :scratchchin:

11. YrrAB

YrrAB Diabloii.Net Member

No. But Im more than stoked that not everyone feels the same as me. Gonna set goals - first, a pack of cigs. Then a 12 pack of beer, then work my way up until I've paid off the game. Then I'll be satisfied.