Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will they ever fix marrowalks bug?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by nickalisk, Mar 28, 2005.

1. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

Will they ever fix marrowalks bug?

The title states everything...input?

2. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

Surely in the next patch if there is one.

3. Boqu

Boqu IncGamers Member

so the real question is, will there be another one?

1.10 is a quite exciting step up. how long will this one last for? battlenet is still free......

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Blizz announced that they wouldn’t be making any more patches for Diablo II. Don’t expect the bug to be fixed anytime soon.

5. TheWorm

TheWorm IncGamers Member

I don't really think its a bug. I think charges were meant to work as synergies for other skills. Theres no way the testers would let a bug like that slide, if in fact it were a bug.

6. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I don't think adding nearly a 1000 dmg to an attack is not a bug. It gives an unfair advantage as only some classes are available to exploit this. (Necro for high lvl of bone prison, druid for high lvl of carrion vine)

7. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

For some reason I was unable to dredge up the previous discussions on this topic...which is odd...because they were so numerous...go go search function... :(

I personally think that the charge/synergy bug is a byproduct of blizzard wanting to allow charges to be synergized by skills. Well hell, I could say that I "know" that, because how could it be anything else...but I can't because I have no evidence :D

8. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

It might be a bug, but although less awkward, spirit and spear don't kill nearly as quickly as blessed hammer. I don't think it's outrageously unbalanced. Synergies were a good idea, but I think they went wrong by requiring so many for certain attacks to be effective. It really narrows down the possibilities where viable builds are concerned. Marrows make bonemancers a much more interesting build to play. Without them, they'd just be a shooter class with a handful of curses.

9. Boqu

Boqu IncGamers Member

this is a thing that i am not sure of: the charge prison synergy, does it only work on marrowalk, or can also work with wand/skull/or anyother equips?

say if i have a wand which has lvl 15 boneprison charge and i don't have any point into bone prison, without marrowalk would i be getting synergy for lvl 15 BP? and, if i have this wand and marrowalk, the only synergy will work should be marrowalk right? or they will stack up?

10. waflob

waflob IncGamers Member

It will really annoy me if they fix this 'bug', but do nothing about tppk etc. If this happens, I'll most likely stop playing as a protest. And no, I won't go and then play another online Blizz game instead.

11. Doll Call

Doll Call IncGamers Member

... one problem... no one gives a ****.

12. Necrochild313

Yes, that would be on about par with the annoyance of the fact that rampant rune duping was going on on ladder yet blizzard patched the "Grinding for Gold" bug without delay when the news about it got out.

13. Uzziah

Uzziah IncGamers Member

All classes can exploit it and in fact some classes can gain entirely new builds due to this bug. Heck ever seen a summoner barb, or how about a fireball paladin?

Thinking that necros and druids are the only characters to get such huge benefits is obtuse. Ever seen a sorceress fire off a 3K firestorm? Or how about an amazon casting 500+ damage bonespears at 3 frames per cast, even more if they have 99% pierce.

This bug is open to use by everyone, after realizing that the bug was there blizzard created the new runewords with the bug in mind. Take wind for example it has charges that coincide with the ctc on the runeword, why on earth do that if not to boost the ctc's power? Check out the new list (Bnet only mind you) runewords, they all have ctc's, charges, and auras that can be abused using the charge synergy bug; I highly doubt that was unintentional. Blizzard may see it as a bug but it is a bug they like to have in the game.

If you think they will change it your only fooling yourself. As for patches I doubt Blizzard will make a patch anytime soon, they are still making a bit of money on this game but not enough interest to keep patching it.

14. Necrochild313

I can see the point in that, wasn't it a bug that blessed hammers were effected by conc back in patch whatever...then bliz changed it (BH became full magic), and then made it effected by conc again by 1/2 even though it's full magic damage!