Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will someone give me a hand with my assy?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Enyo, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Enyo

Enyo IncGamers Member

Will someone give me a hand with my assy?

I'm in Act 2 Maggot Layer and i cant get through. everything is immune to lightening and well thats her attack, DS and LS. im stuck? Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

Your build should have some solution against LI :)

That could be maxed fire blast, or maxed dragon talon. Otherwise you have two options, let your merc kill or join a public game.

I hope you have some points left ;)

3. Enyo

Enyo IncGamers Member

Ok so i let my merc kill. I have one..but hes not to powerful..and hes got a good weapon..is there a way to make him stronger? PLUS! i just ran into something that was immune to both physical and lightening..just my luck right? Id join a public game, if i was online, cause trust me i thought of that a long time ago. and no..i dont have anymore points.

4. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

well you will get into more trouble in hell if you don't have anything except lightning. if you maxed DS that helps, if you kill some monster the LI get killed by DS.

Your merc can become very strong if you level him to the same level as you are. If you want to level a merc, make sure he kills monsters that are not more than 5 levels below or above him. So, think of which map was good for exp for you when you were his level. That map is probably good for him. Check his exp while he kills. You can also kill by yourself, he only gets 1/3 exp, but if you kill 10x faster than he (with DS that's easy) you should try that.

5. Enyo

Enyo IncGamers Member

ok, i just took my merc on a baal run with me and he lvld. hes the same level as me now. I want to keep my assy's skills all in the traps tree. i have 2 claws that add 2 to traps..so i have 4 added skills. would you recommend a few skills into wake of inferno?

6. Baboon

Baboon IncGamers Member

no, fire blast is the best option for a lightning assy. It's also a synergie. I suppose you play 1.10?

7. Enyo

Enyo IncGamers Member

alright i try that. but wake of inferno looks as if in the long run it would do more damage.
    yeah i play 1.10, and im on another baal run..this one seems harder though..i dunno why. :scratch:

8. Dredd

Dredd D3 Off Topic Moderator

If the build you are using is tight in the spare skill points department, I would suggest playing in a group to get through the areas that are difficult for you.

Trapsins are awesome characters -- very powerful, but being limited to one element for damage can make for a difficult career if you solo all the time. Dipping into the fire skills can help, but it can also dilute your overall max killing potential. Resist that temptation and find yourself a good group to play with! :buddies: