will rubies enhance my fireball?

beginthreadex

Diabloii.Net Member
will rubies enhance my fireball?

I have several points in my fireball and just got a staff with two sockets. I'm working on making perfect rubies so I can enhance my fireball attack but after thinking about it I'm not sure it's going to work. Will putting a ruby in my staff enhance my fireball attack ... not just hitting with the staff?

Gorny

Banned
I have several points in my fireball and just got a staff with two sockets. I'm working on making perfect rubies so I can enhance my fireball attack but after thinking about it I'm not sure it's going to work. Will putting a ruby in my staff enhance my fireball attack ... not just hitting with the staff?

If I remember right, rubies in the staff will not add to the damage of your Sorc's Fireball attack, you will just get fire damage added on striking.

To get added damage to fireball, you will need a weapon or item that adds points to fireball or Sorc skills.

You could check the vendors and see if there are any staffs that have a +to fireball or + to Sorc skills.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
The rubies will not enhance your spell attacks. Sorry.

Kijya

Diabloii.Net Member
If that staff is grey (not magic (blue) etc) you can put tir+ral in it for leaf runeword. Facets (unique jewels) do help elemental damage spells, but they are expensive.

For getting tir+ral you can simply run countess in normal for a while (super unique monster at the bottom of the tower found in act one, black march).

Gorny

Banned
Another point:

If you are still in Normal now, which I think you might be, sinking points into fireball might not be such a good idea since you will run into plenty of monsters with Fire Resist come Nightmare and Hell.

On top of that the fireball skill itself will at some point become outdated for you as other better fire based and non fire based skills will become available as you level.

Evrae Altana

Diabloii.Net Member
Gorny said:
Another point:

If you are still in Normal now, which I think you might be, sinking points into fireball might not be such a good idea since you will run into plenty of monsters with Fire Resist come Nightmare and Hell.

On top of that the fireball skill itself will at some point become outdated for you as other better fire based and non fire based skills will become available as you level.
Actually, Fireball is a solid end-game skill for sorcs. Firebolt is the crappy one. :wink2: