Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will IM kill the Lightning Zon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Dangerous Old Man, Feb 20, 2004.

1. Dangerous Old Man

Dangerous Old Man IncGamers Member

Will IM kill the Lightning Zon?

I've got a pure lightning zon dealing with the minions of nightmare, and wanted to know if I needed to avoid IM with the following attacks:

Jab (IM will return damage as this is purely physical I assume)
    CS (is any returned ?)
    LS (is any dmg returned ?)
    LF (I'm guessing not on this one since it's ranged)

Not on the same topic, but I'll ask while I am here - are Laying of Hands really valuable to the lightning zon? I'm specifically talking about the 350% damage to demons and I know the act bosses are all demons. That 350% is applied to only your physical attacks - that's my assumption anyway. Anyone confirm that for me? If the 350% is based on physical and elemental, then it would be perfect but somehow I doubt that's the way it works.

Thanks for the help.
    Dangerous Old Man (IK)

2. alainpp66

alainpp66 IncGamers Member

Jab: Correct
    CS: Yes... Just as much as a normal strike. Only the physical damage is returned
    LS: Same as CS
    LF: Ranged, so no return. Just as you said.

Laying of hands only works on the Physical Damage aspect. Not especially valuable to your zon.

3. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

IM returns physical melee damage, so any skill that does physical melee damage will be affected. Jab obviously fits this category. Lightning and Charged strike both do the physical damage of a normal attack, so if you have a high damage weapon on, this can really hurt. However, you can get around this with just having a low-damage weapon on your switch to use when fighting in areas with oblivion knights. The lightning damage is what kills with these skills, so you can get by with just a stack of cracked javelins if you want, which will return almost no damage with Iron Maiden.

As for Laying of Hands, if you routinely use jab to kill bosses, then they will help you out in that respect. However, since you've got charged strike, I assume you will be using that for boss killing, which would mean that you won't get much benefit from Laying of Hands.... some gloves with +jav skills and some other nice mods would help you out a lot more.

4. Makhlath

Makhlath IncGamers Member

Laying of Hands sure helps my LF-zon against those lightning immune archers when running the Pit. Nice to be able to waste those with 1-2 hits (with LF). I use LoH gloves in areas where I know I will meet lightning immune demons, but otherwise I use +2 jav gloves when I know for sure I won't meet em.

Edit: And offcourse against the demon superbosses.

5. Dangerous Old Man

Dangerous Old Man IncGamers Member

You folks answered my questions perfectly. Thanks for the replies.

DOM