Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Will I find something better? Pala help!

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by zelfmoordis, Mar 18, 2004.

1. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

Will I find something better? Pala help!

My hammerdin (lvl 75 and in hell act 1) has been using the same +2 paladin skill lvls scepter since act 3 nm, but just 2 min ago that changed! I was shopping for a Teleport staff (hell act 2 Maggot lair coming up ;)) and I stumbled upon a nice scepter;

+3 Blessed Hammer
    +3 Concentration

Seeing as my resistances in hell are all around 45% I could use some more, I have some nice 15% resist all jewels laying around but I was wondering if it is worth it to socket this scepter at larzuk and then put those jewels in.. I wouldn't like it if I would find a better scepter really soon after using those runes :)

So the real question is: Is this scepter good enoguh to go through with?

:wave:

2. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

try out a wiz spike or a suicide branch, those are really good for a hamerdin too.. fast cast, res, skills, mana

damn dude, i think i have around 15 wiz spikes laying around :teeth: if u need one, drop me a pm ;)

but really, a wiz spike is the way to go i suppose if u dont have a HotO (which you dont off course otherwise you wouldnt be posting this :bonk: )

wiz has, faster cast, huge res, huge mana boost :thumbsup:

ow and look for some +pala skillers otherwise, those arent THAT expensive and they will boost your BH damage really good too..

what equipment are you using @ the moment if i may ask?

robin

3. addicted2macs

addicted2macs IncGamers Member

Yep, get a wizardspike. I don't have 15 lying around, like somebody I know (glares at strijdje), but the 2 that I have work like magic. Well, they are magic....You know what I mean.

4. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

I'd say for the time being that's a decent weapon. The wiz spike is overrated, get yourself a Heaven's Light +3 skills with 2 sockets, there you can have +res and +skills. Make sure you hit the fast cast break point with other goodies, Magefist, Vipermagi etc. I think I'm one frame behind most people but at 7k hammers I'm not complaining. I just have to run a little more I think.

edit:

That sounded a bit arrogant. When I meant overrated, I meant that it's a darn good weapon, but there are other options depending on your style of play (offensive vs. defensive). I should explain I have charge as a hotkey with about 10 or so points in it and the instant an archer ticks me off, I'm in her face. Heaven's Light has CB which helps when I charge lock them. I chrage locked a Possessed Tree-Lurker on p8 in Hell that was funny. I couldn't hurt him but he couldn't hurt me (those things heal like a mother).

5. Andrew

Andrew IncGamers Member

Problem is, Heaven's light ain't that common too.. haha =D. My hammerdin was using a HoTO, but now that has been passed on to my soser, as the hammerdin is retired, so he uses a Hand of the Blessed light as retirement gear.

6. Bull(R)

Bull(R) IncGamers Member

I would use a wizspike to start, huge mana boost, resist, fcr (its what I used on my bnet hammerdin to start), and then try to change it to a HotO if you can find the runes :lol:

Also I do know about Break Points, but do you know where I could find out break points for a hammerdin (or for any other characters) because I do believe it changes for different classes...

7. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

8. zelfmoordis

zelfmoordis IncGamers Member

Hehe, I think you guys are overrating my equipment pool :)

My equipment as it is now:

+2 Offensive Aura's Amulet
    +10 % faster cast ring
    +10 % faster cast ring with 20% lightning resist
    +94% resist all paladin shield (4x perfect diamond)
    Peasant Crown
    Natalya's Boots
    Magefist Gloves
    Stealth Chain Mail
    +3 Conc/+3 BH scepter
    A bunch of faster run charms.

That's it!, much to be improved upon :)
    Wizard's Spike sounds nice, but it doesn't boost my damage, which I really like..

:wave:

p.s: Skills atm:
    maxed Concentration (1 in all pre's)
    maxed Vigor (1 in all pre's)
    maxed Blessed Hammer (1 in all pre's)
    1 Meditation
    1 Redemption (I'm in love with this skill)
    10 Holy Shield
    And the rest is put into Blessed Aim, on which I'm working atm!