Will hockey be back?

Do you dicker?

• Dicker? Every chance I get!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dicker? You sick sick puppy. *head explodes*

• Oh, you mean dicker. Nope.

• Obligatory Durf, poing, boobies option (but would you take only Durf and boobies?)

• Total voters

ogogo on ice

Diabloii.Net Member
Will hockey be back?

Well I was sitting around today and I realized that right about now if hockey was playing we would be watching the playoffs. So I was wondering, how many of you think we'll get profesional hockey back sometime soon? Or how many people even care?

AeroJonesy

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd like it back, I enjoy watching hockey, even if I wouldn't ever go to the games, because they are too darned expensive.

piff

Diabloii.Net Member
Playoffs are over. They were over a couple weeks ago. that is, if they would have happened. Yeah, I really miss hockey. I memorized some important dates...

Anyway, it'll be back. Both sides know that if another season can't be started on time, there will be no point in ever returning. They'll be back, even if it's a deadline deal. They are supposedly making progress, too.

EDIT: In the mean time, I recommend going to some local college games, regardless of Division. It's good, exciting stuff. You can get seats that you'll never come by in an NHL arena, and it's just as fun.

Madness

Diabloii.Net Member
I really hope it'll be back. I also hope they won't change the rules much, some of those suggestions are just plain stupid.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
They're in negotiations as we speak. Odds are good we'll have a season come September. How can you guys not know this? It's been all over the news!

Beowulf

Diabloii.Net Member
They say it will be over in two to three weeks and a new agreement will be signed. I will believe it when I see it but if things are done that soon it should make for a very interesting offseason as about half the players are free agents of one kind or another. Also there would be an important amateur draft that would bring Sidney Crosby into the league that many are saying is as good as Lemieux and Gretzky.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
They're in negotiations as we speak. Odds are good we'll have a season come September. How can you guys not know this? It's been all over the news!
Hockey news in the US is generally treated with a scoff and a wave of the hand. Uppity bastards.

I'd personally love to see the game come back. I've definitely missed it this year as the last year of hockey had some of the best playoffs I'd ever seen. In the meantime, support your local AHL team (if you have one) and hope the NHL gets their **** together.

skihard

Banned
sure will, I have draft skate to get my winter team in August and already have 3 tournaments we will be attending. My son is still practicing 2 days a week all summer long and is excited beyond messure.

As far as the NHL, yes it will and the die hard fans like myself will also be back, I'm just not certian how long it will take for the game to recover the non die-hard fans if they ever do.

Oh and if the NHL had played this past year we would already know the who the cup winner was.

I wasn't much of a hockey fan before this, but I did enjoy it from time to time. This mess has made me lose all interest in the sport (okay, I'll be fair--this and Patrick Roy's retirement). In the end, are the players really making out ahead? For the little bit of extra they might get, they're giving up how many months worth of salary? Seems a little silly on both sides, as the same can be applied to the owners.

Croup

Diabloii.Net Member
myleftfoot said:
excuse my ignorance ... what happened to the hockey?
There was a dispute between owners and players about many things, the most prominent being rate of pay. The sides deadlocked and couldn't get anything done, so this last season was cancelled.

People are hoping that they will make it through negotiations this time and work out a deal to bring hockey back for this coming season.

This is all the NHL (United States and Canada) only, not having anything to do with other leagues around the world, or even in North America.

Scandanavian hocket is much better than american/canadian hockey.
Just asking, but how much money do the players get on average? How much for a big name player, and how much for a new guy?

maccool

Diabloii.Net Member
I missed the goons. Tai Domi and Donald Brashear especially. Quality goons, but not like McSorley. He was a goon for the ages.

skihard

Banned
farting bob said:
Just asking, but how much money do the players get on average? How much for a big name player, and how much for a new guy?

Under the now expired CBA contract a first year player (rookie) had a min salary of $350k with a max of $750k, the average salary for all players was $1.6 million and the highest played player was $10.1 million per year.