Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

will a thorns paly work in hell?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by MaxPowers, Mar 1, 2004.

1. MaxPowers

MaxPowers IncGamers Member

will a thorns paly work in hell?

i want to make non traditional builds. will thorns work well in hell? what other skills should i use? what lvl should thorns be? wont get it much higher than 25 with my equipment. maybe 30. what kind of merc would i want to use?

2. GIR

GIR Banned

As I understand it damage returned with Thorns and other such things vs. the creatures life in Hell isn't all that great.

Of course that doesn't mean you can't give it a shot. I wonder if the Thorns aura from a merc would stack...

3. Evanta

Evanta IncGamers Member

Get a missionary build:

20 Thorns
    some Conversion (aim for lvl 5-9 with +skills, 25%(5) to 33%(9) chance to convert, lvl 16 at 40% is the highest you should ever go)

You'll probably want either items which proc Amp. Dmg or Iron Maiden to further add to the thorns damage, they're worth far more than +skills in terms of adding damage. IM adds at least 200% additional thorns damage, while Amp.Dmg doubles all Thorns damage.

Atma's Scarab, Saracen's chance, Corpsemourn on merc, etc. seem to be good choices. Try to get at least 2 sources of those curses so that they are always around.

Note that you'll have enough pts for maxing 2-3 other skills, and keep in mind ranged attacks do not proc Thorns, so you need some way of killing them as well as PIs. Fanatism might be a good idea, since it increases your swing speed to get more converts, and fits the theme too. :)

As for merc, a Might merc would probably be best, since he'll benefit all your 'minions' to actually do some damage too. Definitely not Thorns, which doesn't stack, or Defiance/Freeze, which is counter-productive.

Edit: If you take Fanatism as your 2ndary aura, you might want to use bows too, making 2 interesting variants in one character.

4. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

well you can five it a try by putting on the prison nova nec's armor (I forgot the name of it but its a runeword armor) It come with 15+ throne when equi. So just give it a try and if it doesn't work well you wouldn't waste all ur time on make a new din. Beside that armor can easily get you a egnima any ways :)

5. ROMVS

ROMVS IncGamers Member

IMCL85, it's bramble and I use it for fun. Bad thing about a martyr is you still have to get hit or your merc. It's easier if your a pally, max life regen gear or skills and just wear the bramble. My necro borrows the bramble once in a while and with lvl 40+ iron maiden, monsters quickly kill themselves on my golems but I need to keep making new golems though :(.