Wii

Amra

Diabloii.Net Member
Wii

So who is getting one?

Seems like gaming and exercise at the same time. :shocked:

MinasMorgul

Diabloii.Net Member
I have every intention of getting a hold of one somewhere down the line. Right now though, I don't have the will to sit outside of the store in freezing temperatures for hours.

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
I've got the $300 for the console and the extra controller, and I'm going to try and get one on Sunday, but I'm not holding my breath. Chance are I'll have to wait a few days. T_T

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
Sometime, I'd like one. My concern is physicaly being able to hold the "nunchuck" controller in my right hand. Is that thing required for some games or is it just an optional controller you can get?

I'd also like to say "up yours" to the media who seems to think that the Zune of all things is a bigger news story than Wii.

Edit-Saro: Nintendo is supposed to have over a million out by Christmas. Compared to the PS3 which is going to have something like 400,000. And yet the news stories still salivate over how much the PS3 is going to sell.

Sorry, I'm just kind of bitter that this new, cheap, innovative, "breath of fresh air" is getting so little coverage compared to the Playstation.

SaroDarksbane

Diabloii.Net Site Pal
Sometime, I'd like one. My concern is physicaly being able to hold the "nunchuck" controller in my right hand. Is that thing required for some games or is it just an optional controller you can get?

I'd also like to say "up yours" to the media who seems to think that the Zune of all things is a bigger news story than Wii.

Edit-Saro: Nintendo is supposed to have over a million out by Christmas. Compared to the PS3 which is going to have something like 400,000. And yet the news stories still salivate over how much the PS3 is going to sell.

Sorry, I'm just kind of bitter that this new, cheap, innovative, "breath of fresh air" is getting so little coverage compared to the Playstation.
The numbers change from one story to the next, but I understood that the PS3 was going to have 400,000 at launch, and the Wii over a million, with 4 million Wii's and some lesser number of PS3's by Christmas.

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
Liam would give anything to have one but this is going to be a meager Christmas.

They do look like alot of fun.

Merick

Diabloii.Net Member
The numbers change from one story to the next, but I understood that the PS3 was going to have 400,000 at launch, and the Wii over a million, with 4 million Wii's and some lesser number of PS3's by Christmas.
Ok, I'll admit I only kinda remembered the numbers in the article I read :grin:

zodiac66

Diabloii.Net Member
I remember when the GC came out. I wanted to be at..eww, Wal-fart, when they opened to get one. My alarm didn't go off so I missed getting up and standing in line. I literally cried because that was something Liam really wanted. As luck would have it, I went to Target, the line was long but I got one anyway.

The things parents do for the kiddies.

All Liam has said he wanted this year was a David Bowie CD. I know he really wants a Wii..but that is just out of my price range.

Hatsepsut

Banned
Ok stopped being slack and got impatient and opened up google. :p

That looks so damn cool! If it really works as well as intended I'm definately getting one.

edit: darn beat me to it, Amra. Thanks :)

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
In a few years, when it costs nothing. I've still only played a handful of Gamecube games, I'm in no hurry.

That controller looks like a stupid gimmick, I'll bet it just turns out to be awkward for serious gamers. It might be fun for some light entertainment, though.

In a few years, when it costs nothing. I've still only played a handful of Gamecube games, I'm in no hurry.

That controller looks like a stupid gimmick, I'll bet it just turns out to be awkward for serious gamers. It might be fun for some light entertainment, though.
I don't understand how that really is an argument. How will it be awkward, you don't need big movements for the controller to work and there is a different controller that is more 'standard'.

Besides, controllers are pretty awkward as it is, we just learned how to use them. If anything physically moving the controller is less awkward, go watch a 5 year old play a game for the first time. They duck and weave.

Dondrei

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't understand how that really is an argument. How will it be awkward, you don't need big movements for the controller to work and there is a different controller that is more 'standard'.

Besides, controllers are pretty awkward as it is, we just learned how to use them. If anything physically moving the controller is less awkward, go watch a 5 year old play a game for the first time. They duck and weave.
That's what I'm saying, it may (or may not) be intuitive for novice players, but I doubt it's very precise and your arms would probably get tired after long play.

To be honest, if they really cared about decent controls they'd just give the console a mouse and a keyboard.