Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Wierd Question..

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by SkylineFanatic, Mar 22, 2004.

  1. SkylineFanatic

    SkylineFanatic Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2004
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    Wierd Question..

    What does crushing blow do?
    lol
     
  2. TraxisX

    TraxisX IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jan 31, 2004
    Messages:
    136
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    41
    Crushing Blow
    This is a chance of reducing a monster's health by X% in a single blow.

    -Default: 1/4th
    -vs. Players: 1/10th
    -vs. Hirelings: 1/10th
    -vs. Champions, Uniques, Bosses: 1/8th
    -with missile weapons, default: 1/8th
    -with missile weapons, vs. Players: 1/20th
    -with missile weapons, vs Hirelings: 1/20th
    -with missile weapons, vs Champions, Uniques, Bosses: 1/16th ​
    -The life removed is also scaled with number of players. So that if a monster has 450% more life due to 8 players (or whatever the value is) the life removed is further reduced by the same amount (450% would equal multiplying by 4.5 so the life removed by Crushing Blow is divided by 4.5).

    Physical resistance does apply to Crushing Blow damage, but only if the resistance is positive. Crushing Blow Items stack in most cases. In 1.10 Crushing Blow is calculated before your normal damage. So, before doing the damage that you would normally do, there is a chance you will reduce the health of the monster by X% then normal damage apply to the resulting lower life. If you have more than one item with Crushing Blow, the probabilities will be added together. There will be one random check for a Crushing Blow. There is no check for each separate item, so one can not get multiple Crushing Blows in one attack.
     
  3. SkylineFanatic

    SkylineFanatic Banned

    Joined:
    Mar 21, 2004
    Messages:
    116
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    0
    ALRIGHT Thanx man :thumbsup:
     
  4. rebekkahm

    rebekkahm IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    May 7, 2004
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    how about open wounds?

    Spectacular description on Crushing Blow! :thumbsup:

    Can anyone do the same for Open Wounds? This particular feature sounds something similar to Prevent Monster Heal but I'm not sure what the difference is. :scratch: Can someone explain them both?
     
  5. Taz

    Taz IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Aug 7, 2003
    Messages:
    384
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    62
    Learn about Special Magic Effects
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/magic.shtml#sma
     
  6. rdjw

    rdjw IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Mar 17, 2004
    Messages:
    190
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    176
    then whats the difference between critical strike and deadly strike?
     
  7. Halciet

    Halciet IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2003
    Messages:
    2,778
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    120
    Nothing, aside from the fact that they stack in a strange way and that you can only get Critical Strike from skills, and deadly from items.

    -Hal
     
  8. acceleration turkey

    acceleration turkey IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2003
    Messages:
    1,185
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    346

    deadly strike is applie first, meaning that critical strike applies to the remainder not affected by deadly strike. the result is that 50% deadly + 50% critical is only 75% chance to do double damage. it is also claimed that deadly strike/critical strike is capped at 95% anyway.

    lets say you have between 0 and 100% chance to do double damage

    20% deadly strike gives you 20% chance to do double damage, thus 80% of your attacks are *not* doing double damage

    you also have 50% critical strike mod.

    the critical strike mod applies to the % of attacks which are not already doubled, the 80% left over. thus, of those 80% swings which are not doubled, the 50% mod makes half of them double damage, adding 40%

    20 + 40 = 60% chance to do double damage, even though you have 20% deadly strike + 50% critical strike mods/skill bonuses. it does not equal 70%.

    at the top end critical strike is pretty weak. consider that a maxed mastery gives about 20% critical strike. if you already have 90% deadly strike, this critical strike will only apply to the remaining 10%, so 20% of 10% is only 2% more chance to do double damage, moving it from 90% to 92%. lame!
     

Share This Page