Wierd Beating Meph Ghost Things

Vladicus

Diabloii.Net Member
Wierd Beating Meph Ghost Things

K when you do a meph run occasionally these blue-white ghost things come out of the ground and attack you.

You should know of this if you tele-ed to meph's side of the moat.

Weeeel, yesterday I got hit by one, and a quiver of arrows dropped.

So.. Did I drop it? No, I didn't have any arrows. Did the ghost drop it? Maybe, if it dies after a hit. Meph didn't drop it, since he was at full health and wasnt anywhere near me.

So my theory is that the ghost dies when it attacks, and it dropped them arrow things.

Any other ideas/corrections?

Unsane

Diabloii.Net Member
Vladicus said:
So my theory is that the ghost dies when it attacks, and it dropped them arrow things.

Any other ideas/corrections?
Heh.. I think you just clikced on a stash or something and not notice the arrows drop.. no offence to your perception ofcourse. Perhaps the ghosts have very little hp and you had thorns-aura or something similar on you. I've never seen anything dropping from the ghosts.. Other than low level rushed players..

Lord Chaos

Diabloii.Net Member
Ok, here is what happens.

1. Every time a spirit dies, Diablo kills a kitten.

2. When a kitten dies it drops a cracked sash.

3. This causes Gheed to think he needs more weed in Lut Gohlein and he starts smoking.

4. This causes Geglash to get stoned too and spill his beer.

5. This blatant waste of beer makes Ormus go into a frenzy and start blasting people in the Kurast docks.

6. Hratli tries to stop Ormus but realizes yet again that he's been so stupid to only bring a quiver of arrows instead of his weapons.

7. Ormus shoots Hratli causing the arrows to be blasted through time and space and land at your feet.

There, thats how it happens.

Materia

Diabloii.Net Member
Perhaps it was lag, and you just killed a monster that was further away, when it was actually close to you?

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
They aren't monsters or props, they are a type of damage and therefore do not drop anything. Most likely this was a display glitch or lag-related.

Bonesman

Diabloii.Net Member
Lord Chaos said:
Ok, here is what happens.

1. Every time a spirit dies, Diablo kills a kitten.

2. When a kitten dies it drops a cracked sash.

3. This causes Gheed to think he needs more weed in Lut Gohlein and he starts smoking.

4. This causes Geglash to get stoned too and spill his beer.

5. This blatant waste of beer makes Ormus go into a frenzy and start blasting people in the Kurast docks.

6. Hratli tries to stop Ormus but realizes yet again that he's been so stupid to only bring a quiver of arrows instead of his weapons.

7. Ormus shoots Hratli causing the arrows to be blasted through time and space and land at your feet.

There, thats how it happens.

make perfect sense to me. :scratch:

Killfrenzy

Diabloii.Net Member
Wierd thing is ive actually seen the little "heal" spell animation that the council members have appear where these spirits have popped out in the past