Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

widowmaker character build

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Shino888, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Shino888

Shino888 IncGamers Member

widowmaker character build

I have recently acquired a widowmaker bow (gives guided arrow) and I am thinking of making a bow character (not zon). I have heard of bow sorcs (probably what im going to do), bow pallys, and bow assassins. Which one in your opinion is the best? Give reasons why and please discuss skills to use and some gear.

Oh yeah, I'm non-ladder.

2. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

I have not used a bow sorceress - however I have noticed that a member of the Single Player Forum has in his signature some Bow Sorceress'. After looking his screenname is 'Darkwell'.

I have used several Bow Paladin's before. I would suggest considering a 'Storm Ranger' which utilises both the Holy Shock and Holy Freeze aura. You can find a guide for this in the Paladin Forum. Basically the skill distribution is:

- 20 Holy Shock (main attack)
    - 20 Resist Lightning (synergises Holy Shock)
    - 20 Holy Freeze (secondary attack for Lightning Immunes)
    - 20 Resist Cold (synergises Holy Freeze)
    - 20 Salvation (synergises both Holy Shock & Holy Freeze)

You could also build a Hunter Druid, I am sure there would be a guide in the Druid Forum.

As for skills, I believe that summons are used majorly.

Some bows to consider as you level:

- Rogue's Bow
    - WWS

3. ladydraxis

ladydraxis IncGamers Member

The bow sorceress could be a lot of fun as a diversion from the norm. I made a melee sorc back at the end of 1.09 & she was fun...she'd be better now that enchant has been made so much better.

Skills you'll want to focus on:
    (1) Enchant
    (2) Fire Mastery
    (3) Warmth (synergy to enchant)
    (4) Static
    (5) your pick of the cold armor spells
    (6) frost nova (not for damage, but to slow all your enemies)

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think a Storm Ranger as Tiberrius has outlined for you is your best bet...Enchantresses suffer some sort of penalty when they use a ranged weapon so their damage won't be as high as when they are meleeing. A Venom assasin with shadow master and a bow could be cool too but I think a Storm Ranger would be the most efficient killer.

5. ArchAngel Tiberrius

ArchAngel Tiberrius Banned

I was going to mention an Assassin using Venom. However I was unsure if Venom worked on ranged attacks. By your post I assume that it does?

6. xaser

xaser IncGamers Member

Another nice thing about the assassin is Burst of Speed, because getting a nice attack speed with non-zon characters can be a bit harder :).
    And of course most of her other Shadow skills are useful as well, assassin has good support-skills :clap: .
    Oh and another idea: a lvl 1 Death Sentry, when you get the first 2 or 3 monsters from a big group down, put down a few Death Sentry traps (preferably on a distance where they do not attack, only use Corpse Explosion, so they don't run out of their 5 shots and 'die'), this will make groups a lot easier. I don't think the other bow-characters have such a nice crowdcontrolling support-skill :D.

7. Siphon

Siphon IncGamers Member

I'm mainly making this character for pvp. Does that change any of your opinions?

sorry about the username change, im on a different computer

8. xaser

xaser IncGamers Member

For PvP, I guess Burst of Speed and Venom are still nice. Maybe Mind Blast as well. Not very experienced in PvP, so I can't tell you a lot about the other stuff, but I believe there are some traps which can stun an enemy when used with Mnd Blast, so you have an easier time shooting them.
    If you are going to use it on an assassin, you should first read a guide about an assassin made for PvP, see what tricks they use.