Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why >.<

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by VisionOne, Apr 8, 2004.

1. VisionOne

VisionOne IncGamers Member

Why >.<

I heard that pits owns all places for mf. But how come i never get anything good? i got a ali baba in like..10 games with max ppl and like 400 mf. Yet first mesphito run ..maras, and then a few runs later, arachnid >:) then andy run , ravenfrost.. what the hell >.<

2. th5418

th5418 Banned

Everything is about luck. LUCK!!!

3. SuggestiveName

SuggestiveName IncGamers Member

Luck has nothing to do with it. It's all about how many goats you have sacrificed to satan recently. Yes, satan is the Lord of MF. Don't have any goats? Well, lucky for you housepets are just as good! Just grab daddy's hatchet and say goodbye to Fluffy or Rover!

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Wow ali baba

An ali baba in 10 runs is very good already :)

That said, I've recently switched from Pit runs to Andy/Meph runs. Seems to drop better overall...

5. cOMMANDo

cOMMANDo IncGamers Member

mix it up
    one day do meph/andy/pindle runs
    next day do pit/eldritch/shank/trav runs
    etc...
    also make diff mf characters
    one day one char will be "hot" the next not
    you don't HAVE to mf the same place every day, every time
    its all about luck
    i usualy mf with a character till he is full, then switch to the next
    then i mule at the end of the day/week when all my chars are full of goodies

and the pit is all about persistance, it pays off well
    i've found manythings down there, sometimes in a few runs, sometimes on the 1xx run, depends on the luck of that day.

6. Superhal

Superhal IncGamers Member

you'll see higher tc items in the pit, worldstone, and maulsoleum, etc., than meph or andy. however, you are less likely to see set/rare/unique than by boss running.

so, you have a pretty good chance that anything tc 84 or lower at meph, 78(?) or so at andy, will be rare/unique/set. however, you will never ever see tc 87.

however, you can see up to tc 87 in the pits, but they are less likely to be good.

not a bad thing if you are looking for a superior elite etheral armor for stone for your merc.

7. Soepgroente

Soepgroente IncGamers Member

In the pit you have a crappy chance to get decent items but a chance to get any item. Mephisto drops lots of avarage items.

8. Stiertje

Stiertje IncGamers Member

Nobody said that The Pits "pwns for MF". There are a few reasons why someone would want to do a Pit-run.

- Any item in the game can drop in The Pits. The Pits is a level 85 area (which is highest level) and all monsters in 1.10 get their Monsterlevels from the arealevel of the area they are in.

- The Pits is relatively easy with no ultra-dangerous monsters. This makes for fast killing and thus for many items dropped in a short amount of time.

- The area is easy to reach. Mausoleum, some Tombs in act3 and various other places also have an arealevel of 85 but aren't as easilly reached (without knowing the complete map at first)

These 3 things make The Pits so "Hot for MF". You have an area with a lot of monsters who don't take much time killing and you don't have to search long to get there. This gives you a higher item drop vs time, and that is what MF is all about. It's still chance, it's still luck, but by doing this you increase the 2 things about MF that you can influence; The chance that an item is Unique and the number of items in a set period of time.

Personally I do not much care for Pit-runs. I can do a Baal-run in less or equal time, and these runs are more profitable in my oppinion. I still level doing these runs, I have 5 Unique monsters that drop magic or better, and Baal always drops 6 items (quest not done yet :teeth: ). On switch I have 700+% MF and Baal usually drops Unique and Set (failed Unique and failed Set included, I'm watching drops for a time)

9. Pitspawn

Pitspawn IncGamers Member

I have a L88 MOrb sorc on EU/Ladder. I run with following equip...

* PTopaz tal helm.
    * PTopaz tal armour.
    * Tal orb (2/1/1 Need a better one)
    * Tal ammy
    * PDia Stormshield.
    * Magefists
    * Aldurs boots (Really need to get myself WT but have never seen one drop)
    * 25% Nagelring
    * 25% MF Rare ring
    * 29% Gheed
    * Jeweled Ala Baba + Ryme on switch.

MF is somewhere in the region of 300% without switch, 450% odd after.

Anyways, my experience with well known MF places ...

- Andariel ... Seems to drop things mephisto doesnt but doesnt seem to drop the high ilvl stuff. Takes longer to get to than mephisto and the champions around her can be a pita if spawned with bad mods.
    - Mephisto ... Great drops, not too hard to get to unless you get a bad map. I've had some of my best gear from meph ... 193% eth thunderstroke, andy visage, nearly capped esch temper, several nice rb facet jewels and several tals amu+eye etc.
    - Pindleskin ... I must have killed him literally over a thousand times and so far not very impressed. Can drop nice rares and theyre always worth 35k on hell which helps for gambling nice rings. Personally i dont rate pindle but when i need cash twenty or so runs on him can help a lot...You never know, might get lucky and get an ultra elite drop :surprise:
    - Pit runs ... Easy to find, can drop great charms, great eth/sock gear etc and if your really lucky might drop some stuff meph/andy dont drop. Great place to level too, i get a lot of xp for pit runs considering and great for leveling merc too :D
    - Eldritch ... Spawns FI/CI quite a lot but can drop okish stuff. His minions are no problem but sometimes you get a skely archer zerg which can hurt.
    - Shenk ... Pretty much same as above, can be riskier. I personally love to bomb the zerg by teleporting right in the center, letting meteor+static+fireballs loose :D OFC I only advise this suicidal stuff on softcore realms.
    - Baal ... Really nice drops but killing the minions can take a lot of time esp if lister spawns FI/CI. Maybe when I get my merc some better equip I will run it faster. I really am chuffed when baal drops a charm, because you can cube it until you get something great! :)

10. Jpech01

Jpech01 Banned

The thing about the pits is that its a level with a tun of high tc lvl enemies. But only 5-8 uniques. These uniques drop 1 magic-->rare-->set-->unique item per kill. Meph, on the other hand, is guarrenteed to drop 5-6 items on almost EveryDROP. so maybe 30 pits=10meph runs, but in those 30 runs you could find something that 100000 meph runs would never drop.

11. Jackson

Jackson IncGamers Member

"Any item in the game can drop in The Pits."

Everybody forgets about the Cow King's Set, heh.