Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why uberbaal was impossible for me

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by evaqwesta, Oct 27, 2006.

1. evaqwesta

evaqwesta IncGamers Member

Why uberbaal was impossible for me

What I have:
    lvl 80 kicker

Skills:
    20 venom
    20 SM
    14ish fade
    20 dragon talon
    1 mindblast
    1 cos
    1 bos
    anni
    torch

75 resall in hell
    50% DR

Gear:
    pdiamond SS
    last wish PB
    fort AP
    manaleech, ar, resist ring
    ravenfrost ring
    maras
    umed guilles face
    string of ears
    upped gores
    dracs

Problem:
    I always hunt the ubers with my cousin's fire sorc which isn't the best for minion killing but works none the less. Plus he's very good at getting the ubers seperated in different parts of the zone.

Our skill lvl has increased significantly and we can kill diablo and meph within 5-10 mins only dieing to meph because he can kill me before I get to him. The problem lies in baal. If i use the above equipment we cannot kill baal no matter what. We've tried for minutes on end and it is not possible; however, if I switch my weapon for my shaeled fleshripper he is easy to kill.

This I realized last night was because the BoS that I use to reach the last kicking breakpoint is overwritten very quickly by last wish's fade proc. The 6% ctc on it barely matters when 20 minions and baal are hitting me and can often proc before I even engage him.

Solution:
    As I said above the using the fleshripper worked. Other solutions would be switch dracs for 20ias gloves and maras for highlords. Of course I need the resists from maras for meph, I like the dracs for 5% more ctc lifetap so it procs right away, and I don’t want to keep all different sets of gear in my stash for killing him. I already have bartucs for prebuffing and the 33%amp throwing thing for PI in there.

Question:
    One thing the fleshripper also has is very high open wounds. Would the open wounds have made the difference more than hitting the last IAS breakpoint? The reason I think IAS is the difference is because his mana attacks. Whenever I get killed by him it’s because he managed to run me out of mana and I’m stuck in normal attacks because I don’t have the 7 mana it takes to DT. With only 3% ml its hard to come back from that especially with specters attacking me as well (another solution would be pheonix but I'd run fade for the max dr). That being said when I’m hitting at the last breakpoint I can attack fast enough to leech mana back and don’t end up out of mana. So while hitting at the last 7/2 bp I am unable to have my attack interrupted by his knockback or at least there’s such a small window that it doesn’t happen enough to run me out of mana.

Based on the answer OP or IAS I may consider running fade all the time and no BOS (the reason I like BOS is because I can run past all the mobs and get strait to the boss w/out dinkin around). Without testing this I don’t know if my ability to engage the boss will become plagued with dieing before I get there.

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Do what I do with my pally, keep a row of mana potions in your belt for use against Baal. IIRC life/mana leech doesn't work against the ubers, so mana pots are the only way.

3. ilkori

ilkori IncGamers Member

You couldn't kill the ubers with a Last Wish?? Wow. *shakes it off*

Ok, as long as you are able to apply OW once every 8 seconds, you don't need "more". Draculs has OW, if you decide to use that. Gores has OW at a low%, but you shouldn't have any trouble with only Gores, provided you are attacking fast enough.

Your problem has to do with IAS. Yes, a PB LW is the only way to make one, but it needs just a little more speed. If you add any other source of IAS (including Nos's coil), then you get the 3-frame followup. That is the key.

By the way, the 7/2 numbers have been known to be incorrect for a long time. The write-up can be found in the updated speed sticky on this forum, or on jrichard's site (which is linked).

Your mana problems can be completely fixed by carrying a single row of blue potions. Act bosses in Hell (and I think ubers) are completely unleechable. Your only solution would be to get a damage taken goes to mana conversion on the gear somewhere, or, as I said, to carry around some blues.

To take care of most of the specters, cast cloak once. If you want to get them further out of your way, do some mind blasting so they attack each other and not you.

4. evaqwesta

evaqwesta IncGamers Member

I had read that the ubers were unleachable but I never run oom on meph or D and D is usually the longest fight albeit simple and easy. Do you think my kicks are leaching off of the minions? (I have noticed that if something is in between my target and I that I will kick it until I move or it dies)