Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why this site basically is for children

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Taurusrexx (Vodu), Mar 11, 2004.

1. Taurusrexx (Vodu)

Taurusrexx (Vodu) IncGamers Member

Why this site basically is for children

In the news section of the forums posted on March 6.

"First HC Ladder 99 - Flux [4:39:pST]

Congrats to HFC_Barb, on Asia3, the first hardcore lvl 99 character on the v1.10 ladder. Most of the other realms have several 98s, but HFC_Barb made it to 99 a week ago, and still stands all alone atop the worldwide ladders. Thanks to ProBowl278 for the tip."

Ironic as no announcement was posted by this forum when the first 99 EVER on hardcore classic made it just before the new ladder. {Classic is the place where it was considered impossible to ever get to 99 in hardcore.}

Why announce an event that was dwarfed by other events? Lack of knowledge about what the game is we play?

Now that the first of hundreds to reach 99 in LOD has made it, lets bust out the champaign.

How about a post congratulating Toyota for making a car?

BTW, b4 anyone flames, remember classic = chess, LOD = checkers. On the plus side, yes, checkers is more popular! Stop talking after that.

2. Gorny

Gorny Banned

:teeth:

Ten characters

3. toader

toader Banned

Well....let me start out by saying that is the worst title to this thread ever.

Now, do you expect Flux and the other admins to go around checking all the rankings? They have their own lives and what-not.

Im going to assume that in your head you answered "No, I dont expect the admins to find all this stuff out on their own."

Now, how do they find this information out? Its by people emailing them to let them know about it.

Next question. Did you email this information to Flux or any of the other admins, or did you just come here first to start a big stink about something trivial?

My guess is the latter. :scratch:

4. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Yeah that obviously means that his site is for children. I love your logic...

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

:lol: Or the lack of I guess.

6. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

7. UncleJoel

UncleJoel IncGamers Member

o_O i want one of those . . .

8. Color_Wolf

Color_Wolf IncGamers Member

Chill, dude... I play classic too, I have a lvl 89 sorc for playing in a bit less than a month. On paper it's hard but not much harder, you just have to adjust your strategies accordingly. I did some lvl 80+ cs runs; with a barb + hammerdin + sorc, cs looks like a joke (5 min- runs), barb BO and leech, hammerdin kills, sorc tele; not even a death in 200+ runs. Yes the fact that D is mlvl 90 and normal monsters are mlvl 80 at max (i think) but that's just patience test. And don't take xpac too lightly, lvl 99 in xpac is like lvl 95 in d2c, and i don't think there's a lvl 95 hc in d2c.

But then, what i want to complain most about the post on lvl 99 hc is that, I posted about it in like a month ago and it seems no one care... here's my post and check the date of the post:

http://www.rpgforums.net/showthread.php?t=136418

I think HFC got to lvl 99 in Feb 11, and dii didn't post about it until March 6. So i guess the original poster should be happy to know how little attention we gave to hc ladder :)

9. Origin

Origin IncGamers Member

Why would you want to play classic? What does it have that LOD doesnt?

10. Color_Wolf

Challenge

(10 chars)

edit: and a clean realm.

11. Jugalator

Jugalator IncGamers Member

More challenging, yes, but LOD can be made about as challenging as you wish. No, you do NOT have to build an MF cookie cutter char, run Mephisto over and over and trade until you have the items of your dreams and then equip your chars with it :)

There are variant builds. There are no-twink gaming. Also, in Diablo, nudity can be lethal ;)

I for one prefer these ways to adjust difficulty instead of playing Classic and not being able to:

- Play in one of the acts
    - Use two of the characters
    - Have a useful stash
    - Equip mercenaries
    - Have mercenaries following through acts
    - Heal mercenaries
    - Find exceptional items
    - Find elite items
    - Craft
    - Find runes
    - Make rune words
    - Find jewels
    - Find charms
    - Use a ton of new magic affixes
    - Hotkey more than 8 skills
    - Weapon switch
    - Use most of the cube recipes

Hmm, that's it for now. This post made me bored of D2C only by thinking of it :eek:

Also, D2X Ladder is clean enough for me. Same here, you don't have to play with people who cheat (I play with a legit community for example).

12. Gorny

Gorny Banned

You can also play :

Dungeon Provides: No Buying of anything(including potions, scrolls, and keys) No trading of any kind. No magic finding runs. You can only use what you find from monster drops.

13. squigipapa

squigipapa IncGamers Member

Little Pink Bunnies and Fish That Like to sing.

Little Pink Bunnies and Fish That Like to sing.

Notice how the title of my post has nothing to do with what I'm actually writing in the body of the post? So you see, I can do it too Taurusrexx....
    now .. I think I'll go start a thread with the title "happy purple butterflies" Because I have a question about Axe mastery on a barb.

:innocent:

14. Color_Wolf

When i play classic the only three features i missed are new chars, mercs, and weapon switch. You actually have more to hold items in your main char because you don't have charms. The missing of other features (runewords, charms, jewels... etc.) are reasons why i want to play classic; we don't need those items to survive as D2, even now, it is easy enough.

As for clean environment. D2X ladder is full of duped runes and botted items. AFAIK the only hacks i seen are maphacks (not useful since the layout of cs never change) and pickit.

@ aragon: Yes i read about self induce difficulties like not killing a single unnecesary monster through hell or use no items/skills/stats through act 1. It might be fun but i am not a big fan of it.

15. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

I thought this site was for kids because I get yelled at all the time for my "Adult Content" :uhhuh:

And, arent most kids smarter then adults anyway... especially about video games?

16. EndTheory

EndTheory IncGamers Member

After reading the conclusive posts in this thread i agree - classic is the only choice for mature adults playing Diablo today. LOD is stickball, classic is the world series....

I'm gonna go home and uninstall LOD so that i can post on here how l33t/grownup i am for playing classic.

k thx please drive through

17. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

Hey.... :scratch:
    That means I'm not a mature adult!

Oh, wait. I knew that already! :p

I like pink bunnies

18. squigipapa

he he .. :) .. I like pink bunnies too sinful...and you bring up an interesting point on slinkies..

19. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

So where are you, original poster, and why are you such a flamer?

20. squigipapa

do you mean flamer in the forum flamer kind of way .. or in the Homer simpson, I like my beer cold, my women hot and my homo's flaaaaaameing kind of way? just checking .. oh .. and ya .. your other question .. yes I think god could but no one named Jesus (Ha-suse) would ever eat a microwaved buritto. :)