Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why the pits?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by bacchae, Mar 12, 2004.

1. bacchae

bacchae IncGamers Member

Why the pits?

Ok ok, so I know why the pits are popular, but I was just wondering whether many people did Mausoleum runs? I believe its another lvl 85 area in act 1, and easier too (at least for my meteorb sorc).

If I'm right.....wouldn't this be the best place to go mfing for any char just into hell?

2. sangfagel

sangfagel IncGamers Member

It´s correct. Mausoleum is lvl 85 area.

"the best place to go mfing for any char" DOES NOT exist. "Best" is always relativ. If Mausoleum is best for your meteorb sorc - just run it.

3. bacchae

bacchae IncGamers Member

Good point. I forget that the lightning immunes in the mausoleum may be as much of a pain to others as the fire immunes are to me. My bad...

4. vdzele

vdzele IncGamers Member

I think ancient tunels in act 2 (lost city) is also a great place for a MF_Cold_sorc. It's also level area 85 and thier are no immune to cold monsters, they are mostly slow mob's, no archers, a bit wider space then the Mausoleum so you wont get stucked in some small rooms. Though it's 1% harder to find this spot for most players, but for me it's way easier to locate.

5. bacchae

bacchae IncGamers Member

I actually find the rooms in the mausoleum to be quite helpful to me, as I can use the doorways to keep most of the mobs back while my merc tanks and I bring fiery death down upon them :) In fact using frozen orb, and the radius on meteor, I can often kill things before I can even see them properly, as they can't get around the corners to get me from another room. You have to love Artificial UnIntelligence....

6. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

Mausoleum is the best. No ranged attackers AT ALL, no cold immunes. For a Blizzard sorc, this place is the bomb. I can clear the entire thing in an 8 player game in about 2.5 minutes.

7. Zardoz

Zardoz IncGamers Member

Don't forget the crypt it's right there and TC83. I've gotten some good drops there when I got crap in the maus.

8. Leto`

Leto` IncGamers Member

If I count in time, 2 hours of pit runs didn't gave me anything ... (550% mf hammerdin, quite fast).

I rather do shenk-eldritch, u can get near 80 runs, u'll find lots more ;) I don't know if they can drop everything tho

9. adamfgt78

adamfgt78 IncGamers Member

Mauoleum is indeed a safe place to MF and good for a cold sorc. All the monsters are so slow and no ranged attackers. But the one(significant) disadvantage of it is that it seems much less populated than the Pit and has less champion and boss packs. Mausoleum seems to have 2 or 3 boss packs while the Pit has closer to 5 or 6.