why temp ban?

Frankeinstein

Diabloii.Net Member
why temp ban?

Why am I getting temporary cutoff from b-net? I jump around grabbing different chars when trading. I used to not have a problem with that until recently.

Howz a person to up their wealth & get what they are looking for w/o trading? this is BS.

Frosty_The_Snowman

Diabloii.Net Member
This is just Blizzard's policy :

- If you're a bot, your timer prevents you from switching accounts too fast and being temp-banned.
- If you're a human, you'll sooner or later switch accounts too fast, and get temp-banned.

[/sarcasm] :badteeth:

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
Blizzard doesn't want to support "muling" because they want you to make decisions what to keep and what not to keep, instead of hoarding chars or accounts full of items.
Although that fails since it's easy to mule if you have 2 or more cd keys, and the keys are fairly cheap, OR a real life friend (not some online friend) to help you out.

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
I don't think he was muling, he was looking for something since the person he wanted to trade with wanted something overly specific.

Just rejoin the game slowly, don't do switch after switch. Make sure you sure you are in the game for at least 3 minutes per char and you won't get banned.
Maybe start writing down what items you have where or have specific chars hold only armors, other chars only weapons, yet another holding just helms, ect.

If you are temp banned, don't keep checking, that will only prolong the length of the ban.
In case you do have something important you still want to say and you know the recipient's char or accountname, you can go on open battle.net and message from there. You will need a single player char(can be unplayed level 1) to enter the chat area. Then you can message from there to closed battle.net

This also comes in handy when you are busy muling a boatload of expensive items and you get a ban. Hope one of your friends is online to see your plea to pick up your items in game // pass

Frankeinstein

Diabloii.Net Member
I don't think he was muling, he was looking for something since the person he wanted to trade with wanted something overly specific.

Just rejoin the game slowly, don't do switch after switch. Make sure you sure you are in the game for at least 3 minutes per char and you won't get banned.
Maybe start writing down what items you have where or have specific chars hold only armors, other chars only weapons, yet another holding just helms, ect.

If you are temp banned, don't keep checking, that will only prolong the length of the ban.
In case you do have something important you still want to say and you know the recipient's char or accountname, you can go on open battle.net and message from there. You will need a single player char(can be unplayed level 1) to enter the chat area. Then you can message from there to closed battle.net

This also comes in handy when you are busy muling a boatload of expensive items and you get a ban. Hope one of your friends is online to see your plea to pick up your items in game // pass

well thats exactly what happened. I was trying to find a Anarch belt, but forgot where I put it...

Guess I need to make a spread sheet now...

fahartle

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah, spreadsheets are the way to go. Also, you can pick up a free screengrabber program that'll make your life much easier as well. Take screenies of all your items on each mule and then you can take down the notes of the variable stats as you do it (saves work when, inevitably, people ask you for them).

I think 3 minutes in the game is a little excessive, though. I have two Cd-keys and switch between characters, but even then I usually pop in an out every minute or so. I try to click on Charsi and buy and sell something cheap, and then walk out side the town or take a wp and kill something real fast. That is particularly non-bottish behavior (hoping that Blizzard has algorithims for stuff like that) and it ensures that you're in the game for at least a minute.

MapleBarb

Diabloii.Net Member
well thats exactly what happened. I was trying to find a Anarch belt, but forgot where I put it...

Guess I need to make a spread sheet now...
here's an easier solution: why not name the mules after the items they carry? for example: IGotBelts. It may take a little time to perm and organize at first. But in the long run it will save you countless realm downs while looking for an item