Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why strafers can't do uber tristram?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Flayed One, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

Why strafers can't do uber tristram?

I don't get it.
    If you put 0 points into D/A/E you'll get an uninterruptable attack at 9/2 speed with faith GMB. With dracs, and verdungos, plus Cat's Eye or Highlords, two ravens, Fortitude, probably Gores for crushing blow and Guillames Face for even more a bowazon should easily be able to do uber tristram. The only problem I see is the lack of resists, which probably could be countered by some charms and fade prebuff. What's the problem then?
    dracs + 9/2 physical attack which is ranged should more or less mean you're invincible beside one hit kills. Also a frozen arrow could provide a way of dealing with those PI minions... those wraith-like ones and those uber-duriel guarding swarms...
    please, explain to me, what's wrong?

2. CableDayspring

CableDayspring IncGamers Member

Well, I would say 3 things:

First, chance to hit. I am not sure how many of your arrows would actually hit the Uber 3.

Second, too many targets. There are so many minions summoned that your strafe wouldn't hit the Uber 3 enough to be effective.

Third, Crushing blow is severely limited with ranged attacks.

Just my thoughts. I have been proved wrong many times before.

Try it, see how it works.

Cabledayspring

3. jag

jag IncGamers Member

I have used my lvl 93 strafer as support on uber runs lately with fairly good results.

Using windforce with faith merc (850-6500 strafe damage), 17500ar - all neg resists cept for poison. Wearing draculs to basically lifetap everything for friend who is the actual uber killer.

Does a great job knocking back and killing minions - taps everything in sight quickly -- not sure if i have ever given one of the ubers much more than a nasty sliver though.

Wouldn't recommend a strafer as primary uberkiller - Maybe you could do it, but i have a feeling it would take a few hours -- probably 50 quivers of arrows or more LOL

4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Check out this thread. It contains links to a few other threads in which this subject has been debated. Please review them then post back with your thoughts.