Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why should anyone keep playing LOD?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SalivaMonster, May 16, 2005.

1. SalivaMonster

SalivaMonster IncGamers Member

Why should anyone keep playing LOD?

This is a rant thread, a serious one, at least for me I am so desperate. :rant:

I played USE L SC for 4 years, until the moment every baaling game is run by a hammerdin, or may be 2, who are of course bots. I hate the bots. It makes no sense to keep on playing.

So I switch to HC. Start with normal, quite a few games at a time, said in afternoon USE (actually I'm from Asia). In the night may be 6 or 7 games open at a time.

I thought, well, people are not here, they are in the NM or Hell. I tried very hard to play untwinked, sharpen my skill and after a few death and rebuilding, made it to the NM.

S.O.B., no one is playing, sometimes just 2-3 games open at a time. I thought, well, people just rush through NM and mfing in Hell, that's where I can find the room full, just like the old days.

After a few more death and some more experiment, I managed to get my classic fanatic zealot, use only Lore helm, Mahim-Oak ammy, Aldur weapon and boot, Sigon glove and armor, String of ears, Cathans' ring and a Raven Frost, to get to Hell Act 1. :clap:

Guess what? still no one is playing, just 4-5 games open at a time.

I cannot held to make a conclusion that the downward sparow(wrong spelling I know) has cross the threshold, the game is dying quickly. :mad:

I can't imagine there are only some 10 player in a realm in open bnet. It's just like I wake up after sleeping for 10 years and find the earth empty. Where are the people? Underground? Whats the point of living on this planet? :confused:

I know it's just a game, but for god's sake, 4 years...and a tragic end.

2. SwampBox

SwampBox IncGamers Member

If your doing classical do go op ehcc and it is full of all the high lvl hardcore chars who play every day... (US-EAST only though...)

3. SalivaMonster

SalivaMonster IncGamers Member

If I may ask what is op ehcc?

And why people revert to classic? It's an irony of Ladder after Ladder...

4. stkrause

stkrause IncGamers Member

I'm playing Europe SCL, and even though there are bots, most public baal runs I join are made by actual people and not bots. And even while there are some dupers, the amount of dupes is much, much smaller then in USE/W (compare prices: A normal price for a HR is 6 Ist in Europe compared to 2 Ist on USE/W). And there are plenty games if you want some questing.

Of course there are scammers, maphackers and other idiots/kiddies in Europe, and I have to admit that things aren't actually getting better, but I think the game is still playable/-worthy here.

*stkrause

5. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Cheaters ruin every online game unless there are draconian levels of surveillance. It was inevitable for diablo2 as it was diablo1.