Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why Not Meteor

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by front243, Mar 23, 2005.

1. front243

front243 IncGamers Member

Why Not Meteor

I keep hearing people saying in baalrun games, that sorc's should not use meteor because it gives less exp. This sounds crazy to me. Is it true?

2. StefChri

StefChri IncGamers Member

Good question!

I heard that to but never asked for the reason about there no meteor requests.

Does anybody know or is it just a rumor?

3. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

This is just some stupid rumour that has apparently resurfaced again...People believe that the burning damage on meteor won't give experience when it kills monsters...this of course is not true.

4. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

It's bull. I heard a couple of reasons why I shouldn't use meteor in baalruns.

1) The same reason you posted. Less exp then when using any other skill

2) It slows down the summoning of each wave. This is bull aswell. The only time the wave takes longer , is when bartuc and his gang casted alot of hydra's. The timer for the 4th wave will only start when all of the hydra's from the counsil dudes are gone.

3) People whine I'm lagging them. At the same time however they're spamming blizzard themselves. Such people are called hypocrites. The good part however is that blizzard invented squelch for these persons.

5. GIR

GIR Banned

This is asked about 3 times a day on average here over the past week or two.

The truth of the matter is that people don't want you to use Meteor, because the burning damage is usually what causes the kill, so you get more experience for being the one to make the kill. You'll usually find Hammerdins, the ones usually doing most of the killing, to be the ones *****ing about this the most. Other people may complain just on the grounds that they heard from a friend of a friend who knows their cousin that Meteor decreases overall experience.

6. Liliel

Liliel IncGamers Member

^Wait, so you're saying they don't want you to use Meteor because it prevents them from screwing you over and hogging the glory (ie the exp)?

Now that's just messed up...

7. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

So many ppl asking the same question these days... What's up with all the bull?

- Dennis

8. GIR

GIR Banned

Of course.

Do you really think there would be so much complaining if it wasn't interfering with their self gain?

So, let the Meteors fly... or... drop rather, I guess.