Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why not max Death sentry?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by tl998, Feb 20, 2004.

1. tl998

tl998 Banned

Why not max Death sentry?

In my new build I'm making, I plan to use Lightling sentry and then max only one synergy. Is there any reason not to choose Death Sentry as the synergy to max?

2. Snarlin Stef

Snarlin Stef IncGamers Member

its fine i guess if you plan on using it. Its a great pvm spell.

Im more concerned about how effective a trapper can be with 1 maxed LS synergy. i doubt it will be powerfull nuff to do much. Maybe im wrong.

thnx
    stef

3. Fafner

Fafner IncGamers Member

Depending on the +skills a 1 synergy trapper will be ok (I had 20 LS, 20 DS, 9 CBS and like +12 to skills, which gives in the low 3000's for damage I believe, you can always check the skills calculator) But you really need to look at C-Beat's hybrid guide, because I used D-talon with CB to supplement my build and this worked well. I had like 20 points to waste near the end (And i did waste them *sigh*). Hope that helps, btw, you can get +12 to traps with claws from Anya and gambling amulets and circlets.

4. tl998

tl998 Banned

Thanks Fafner.

You see, the reason wht I have only one synergy is that I plan to max 2 skills in the shadow tree, and half-max one other. This leaves only enough points to max two skills in the traps tree.

Oh yeah, until like level 30 or so I will be mainly melee. So far from level 1 to level 18 the hellforge hammer has served its purpose well. However, in act2 multiplayer games the killing speed is starting to be somewhat slow. What is a good weapon that does lots of damage for a level 18? It'll probably need to carry me thru the next 12 levels.

EDIT: My planned build will have a minimum of +10 trap skills, and more if I can get some trap GCs. I will kill slower, but I'll be very safe I think.

5. Special

Special IncGamers Member

For a level 18 melee'r, I would try to grab a high socket weapon and stick in some perfects for a little elemental damage. Khalim's Flail is supposed to be pretty decent at low levels, but I've never used it.

6. tl998

tl998 Banned

Well, I actually lent my flail to someone, or I would've used it until level 18 anyways. I've using the hellforge hammer instead. Works nearly as well.

Actually once I hot level 20, I used a rare long sowrd I found with another char, and it was great. It has inherent 20 ias, and add my burst of speed I felt like I was zealing! Then at level 21 I tried the unique flail, the General's something or another. That worked great too and then at level 22, I switched to the unique sword with +2 fire skills. I can do a max of over 200 damage a swing right now. So it's somewhat viable even in act 4. I'm also using angelic ammy and 2 rings to boost my AR since I'm not melee oriented. I can't wait till level 30 grr...

7. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

I would want a good plan of where I was putting points if I wasn't going to put them into synergies. Synergies are very important. More damage = moving quicker and dying less because you are hit less. Damage isn't the only thing and I understand that. I'm just saying have a darn good place to put the points other than you traps.

Second. I think that if you were only going to max one other lightning skill I would definately max DS with LS. CBS won't be too effective without a lot of Shockweb points to get more charged bolts. It even gets more damage from FB. So its much harder to synergize. (Once synergized it can be very effective against large bosses, and this is a great weapon for a fully synergized Lightnging trapper, this with a lot of FB in between laying traps).

DS is a great PvM skill and more points is more range. One point will work. If you are having that many plus traps or plus all skills it may not be as important. But the real question is if you aren't going to fully synergize then I guess DS is the best place to put those points, where else would you put them.

8. tl998

tl998 Banned

Most likely I will only end up with +11 to traps. With level 31 DS I should be able to make most of the screen affetced by the blast right? :) Say, how does DS decide whether to blast a living monster or a dead monster?

Well the plan for skills allocation is that this Assasin will be very 'safe' throughout her adventures. She invests heavily in defensive skills to ensure that she doesn't dies, as opposed ot being able to do more damage. This build would be great for poor hardcore players. In nightmare so far I kick butt, with no real troubles. I'll see how I do in hell. I'll also write a guide after I've gotten her thru hell.