Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

why maxxing strafe and GA?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Ruehri, Feb 15, 2004.

1. Ruehri

Ruehri IncGamers Member

why maxxing strafe and GA?

Hey guys, I wanted to know if all of you max these two skills.
    Actually, it says it deals a little percentage more damage per level, but I discovered that the damage only increases by ~20 per slvl (I'm using wf @ clvl74 with >300 dex), that would be ~400 if you maxx it. Considering that you have physical damage reduce in hell, this seems very, very senseless to me to max these skills.
    The only use for spending more points into strafe is the target bonus, at slvl6 you hit 10 monsters, after that no more.
    So wouldn't it be better to put 1 point in GA and some points on strafe to get to slvl6 and then maxxing other skills instead?

2. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

No...

It's a hidden bonus to Strafe - if you put points into it, the MINIMUM amount of arrows it fires increases; i.e, if you have slvl 6 Strafe, you may only get 2 minimum, whereas at slvl 20 you would get 7

As for GA, it's generally not that good anymore regardless unless you're playing PvP /

3. Mehemnoc

Mehemnoc IncGamers Member

Agreed. I think most people who choose strafe as primary attack (on a bowazon; not a hybrid), will choose an elemental secondary attack. And frozen arrow is good because it tends to slow the bad guys down a bit and doesn't carry the casting delay of immolation arrow. If they're cold and phys immune, you can always outrun them, right?

4. Ruehri

Ruehri IncGamers Member

Ok, but even in pvp, it seems that GA doens't deserve more than one point, doesn't it. It would rather be better to spend more on critical strike instead of spending so much points into GA or not?

5. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

It is reccomended that more than one point should never be spent in the skill, basically now that is doesn't pierce.

6. GhostStealer

GhostStealer IncGamers Member

In pvp you'll need the GA to be as high as possible. If you just put 1 point , people will just stand there and laugh at you while your GA does pathetic damage. trust me I've done this before. very very embarassing. :D

7. Ruehri

Ruehri IncGamers Member

Well, even if you max GA, the difference shouldn't be that great...
    Does anyone know how the damage bonus on GA is calculated? Cause it says that Damage is increased by 5% per level, in my case it doesn't even increase by 1% :(

8. Sessily

Sessily IncGamers Member

I believe the increase is only added on to your BASE physical damage, meaning if your Bow has a lot of elemental damage, the damage increase isn't going to be that great. And even if you are playing PvP, it's still not a good idea to pump it to 20. You Dexterity should more than triple your base damage output, GA won't do much.

9. Ruehri

Ruehri IncGamers Member

Yup, exactly my opinion.
    As said, my damage with [email protected] with >300 dex only increases by ~20 per slvl, really not worth.
    GA really became a one hit wonder in 1.10 if you ask me...