Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Why Marrows aren't that good....

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by King.Ong, Feb 22, 2004.

1. King.Ong

King.Ong Banned

Why Marrows aren't that good....

Ok...i jus thought of this so this is jus a suggestion...plz don flame i may have missed something.

Imagine the PRO nec's Build....

SHAKO +2
    HOTO +3
    ENIGMA/COH +2
    SPIDERWEB +1
    2x Soj +2 (or something else)
    Maras +2
    Homon +2 all
    1x Anni +1
    10x P/b Gc +10

That all equals +25...so that means lv 45 to ALL SKILLS....

If u max Bone Spear, Spirit, Teeth, Prison and Wall, ure Bone Spirit damage will be...according d2items.com...9794-10431 DMG!!!!

If u only max Bone Spear, Spirit, Teeth, and Wall, NOT PRISON and use lv 33 Marrowalk bug, ure Bone Spirit damage will be...9146-9741

I DO NOT KNOW how accurate d2items skills chart is...but this is jus a rough estamation ty ^^
    SOrri its the same post in pvp forums...i wrongly posted im sorri

2. Dazze

Dazze IncGamers Member

the bug is still godly for people without that equipment.

3. Pallidum

Pallidum IncGamers Member

Thats what you get from a merchant site, false information. Those calculations are totally wrong. +skills dont get added on to synergies. By that I mean you can only get level 20 synergies from each of the bone skills involved.

Thats the beauty (or cheapness, depends on who you talk to), of marrowwalks. Without a single point in prison, it adds level 33 synergy to bone prison, which is impossible otherwise. This is why a marrow necro will ALWAYS do more damage than a non marrow one (given that both has the same amount of +skillers), because the marrow necro is getting a lv 33 synergy, while the non marrow can only get 20.

4. NecroValmar

NecroValmar IncGamers Member

I think too the example is wrong. I have two necros one with prison points, another without and marrows, and dont work as you say.

5. Xiamet

Xiamet IncGamers Member

Yup...+skills do not boost synergies...and MarrowWalks do...that's the beauty if this item and why so many Necs use it. +skills still is valid for boosting the individual skill trees, and worth every charm IMHO, but the damage calculation are wrong when it comes to the synergy bonuses from +skill gear.

-X

6. sasha

sasha IncGamers Member

+skill tab does give a synergy boost, +particular skill will not boost the synergy...dont believe me? Get a hammerdin with maxed snyergies and check his exact hammer dammage with Maras, now try it with Perfect Seraphs Hymn, the +2 defensive auras boots the hammer marginally (take off conc to see the difference)....

7. darkghost125

darkghost125 IncGamers Member

That chart is way wrong, I have all that equip with the marrow bug and i do about 6k. I could get a little more but i dnot see how in the world they go dmg up 2 10k. Crazy.

8. darkmog84

darkmog84 IncGamers Member

yes sasha u r quite a bit far off with that estimated dmg ur posting, u should have about 5-6.5k spear and spirit, there is no possible way to get 10k spear or spirit with legit items